12 Last-Minute Holiday Gift Wrap Hacks
People, it’s almost the 25th. And you STILL have shopping to do and tons of gifts to wrap. Lucky for you, we happen to know a thing or two about last-minute holiday everything.
To wrap up (pun completely and totally intended) our Most Gifted Wrapper campaign with Scotch® Brand, not only are we announcing the winners (scroll on, sista!), we are here to help you win the gift wrap game. Presenting a darling dozen DIY hacks that’ll make you Instagram famous in the world of gift wrap in a matter of minutes.
But first, a GIF of GIFTS :)
1. Custom Wrapping Paper: We’ll kick things off by showing how easy it is to create your own custom gift wrap. Get a roll of paper from any paper or craft store, and then let your doodling skills run wild. The key here is repetitive patterns and a limited color palette. (via Brit + Co)
5. Confetti and Glitter Gift Wrap: We love confetti and glitter a whole heck of a lot. And guess what? Slap a strip of Scotch® Double-Sided Tape on any wrapped gift, and you can create a confetti or glitter stripe instantly. (via Brit + Co)
7. Piñata Present: We love this idea for wrapping up a wine bottle as well. Create fringe layers using crepe paper or streamers, then use Scotch® Double-Sided Tape to attach to wrapped mailer tube or bottle. Easy as pie. (via Oh Joy!)
8. Paper Circle Gift Topper: Scotch® Washi Tape is a DIYer’s best friend. In the case of these gift toppers, use it to create stripes of patterned “paper” and then punch circles out of it. Then, we use Scotch® Double-Sided Tape to create dimensional spheres as toppers. (via Brit + Co)
9. Peekaboo Patterned Wrap: We have to admit, this might be our favorite gift wrap hack of the season. Use punches or a Scotch® Utility Knife to cut shapes out of one paper, then layer it over another one. Done and done. (via DesignLoveFest)
12. Fresh Greenery Gift Garnish: Hit up your backyard to bring this floral loveliness to life. Wrap up a box in a subdued shade of wrapping paper, then use Scotch® Gift Wrap Tape and ribbon to attach it to your gift. (via Oh Happy Day)
Now, how’s about a little love for the Most Gifted Wrappers among us? It was a challenge to choose gold, silver and bronze, but we rolled up our sleeves and made those tough choices. There were so many creative, colorful and innovative entries to choose from! In the end we went with a moose, Santa coming down a chimney and the biggest cup of paper cocoa we’ve ever seen.
Grand prize goes to Laura Kunzie for her totally inspired Moose Head. To create this work of art, Laura used Scotch® Magic Tape, Scotch® Gift Wrap Tape and Scotch® Double-Sided Tape. Merry Christ-moose indeed!
First runner up is Kaitlyn Kuczer, who built an entire chimney using Scotch® Magic Tape and Scotch® Double-Sided Tape.
And our second runner up is Kimberly Mecir, who used Scotch® Magic Tape and Scotch® Double-Sided Tape to create the biggest cup of paper cocoa ever. For real.
How awesome and festive are all of those winners? We are definitely bookmarking these for next year — don’t be surprised if you see a washi tape stag in Brit + Co’s holiday future ;)
Thanks to Scotch® Brand for teaming up with us on this campaign and contest. It’s been a blast checking out brand new entries every day and partnering folks like Jordan Ferney, Joy Cho and Bri Emery to serve up tons of gift wrap inspo.
This post is a collaboration with Scotch® Brand.