16 Hidden Storage Hacks for Your Living Room
Hidden storage hacks are a fun way to keep your house clean and your clutter hidden. And let’s face it — with all those new cold-weather layers coming into play, you can totally use the space organization. Whether you live in a small space, where storage solutions are your BFF, or you’re looking to rid your space of clutter, you’ll swoon over our hidden living room storage hacks. These pop-up coffee tables and hidden shoe storage racks will give you major FOMO. Scroll through and get inspired on ways to hide your stuff in plain sight.
1. Floating Credenza Hack: This hidden space hack is functional and charming, showing us that you can take advantage of inner and outer shelving storage space. Display your favorite photos up top, for all to see, and tuck away lesser-used items to help do away with clutter. Update it with a bright print and a plant or two to style this must-have floating credenza. (via Sugar & Cloth)
2. West Elm Storage Coffee Table ($599): Forget TV trays — a coffee table that doubles as a pop-up tray with hidden storage is just the type of decor piece you need in your living room. Hide your remotes, knick-knacks or even your favorite movie-night candies inside for easy clean up when guests pop by.
4. DIY Color Block Storage: This color-block storage solution is perfect for hiding unwanted knick-knacks and technology, while adding a little oomph to your decor. DIY your space-saving storage in a color combo that complements your living room palette. (via Sugar & Cloth)
5. Nook Cubby Storage: Hidden storage can be functional and Pinterest-worthy. Take this living room reading nook, for example. This type of storage space deserves to be filled with your favorite books and reading accessories. (via Studio McGee)
6. Hidden Shoe Rack: Not everyone wants their shoes on display for the entire world to see, but finding the perfect storage solution for your shoes and favorite heels can be hard. Hide your running shoes and work boots in a hidden shoe rack like this to keep yourself organized and your living space stylish. (via Mebel)
7. Hidden TV: Play the disappearing act with your TV on the daily. With smart house tech being all the rage, you can make your hidden TV pop up, flip up or drop down from almost anywhere. (via Attic Mag)
8. DIY Hidden Remote Storage: Sometimes guests pop by when you’re least expecting them. Good thing you’ve got a secret book storage space like this book. It’s a perfect fit for your Amazon Fire Stick, TV and Blu-ray remotes. (via Pretty Real Blog)
9. Hidden Seating Trends: Okay, so this storage hack isn’t necessarily hidden. Given that this coffee table is see-through, you can see exactly where this “hidden” seating is placed. But with playful patterns and materials, you can make your storage solutions look chic. (via Michael Wiltbank Photography / My Domaine)
11. Basket Storage: Baskets can be your BFF when it comes to hiding clutter. Use a storage solution that can allow you to hide everyday clutter like toys, holiday decor and accessories. (via The Glitter Guide)
12. Pup & Kit The Missy Cave ($859): Pet parents can rejoice with this hidden side table that doubles as a dog or cat bed. Your furry friend will be just as excited as you are. This option comes in every wood color that you can imagine.
13. DIY Router Box Cover: Aside from TV boxes, another box that you’d love to hide is that WiFi router. This cute and easy DIY allows you to hide your router and keep your decor looking chic. (via Dwellings by Devore)
14. DIY Collapsible Ottoman: We love hidden storage so much that we made our own DIY with these collapsible ottomans. Use them to store your blankets, files or even toys. Coordinate it with your existing decor for super chic storage that no one will think twice about. (via Brit + Co)
15. DIY Mid-century Side Table: Simple to DIY and budget-friendly, this lovely modern table has just enough room to keep a few things like your remotes and batteries neatly hidden away. The chic, minimalist look will easily tuck into any decor style. (via Sugar and Cloth)
16. Artwork Hideaway in Living Room: Your TV doesn’t have to be the main focal point in your living room. Instead, use a sliding door to cover up your TV. This inspo shows us that the only thing on display in this living room is a beautiful piece of art. (via The Block Shop)
Are you planning on trying any of these cool hidden storage ideas? If you’re looking for more ideas like this, follow us on Pinterest for even more tips and inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)