16 Dreamy Long-Sleeved Wedding Dresses Perfect for Fall “I Dos”
Strapless, shoulder-baring gowns are one of the most popular wedding dress styles around, but the appeal of classic long sleeves simply can’t be denied. They’re romantic and timeless, calling to mind some of the most iconic wedding gowns of all time. Both Grace Kelly and Kate Middleton opted for full-skirted designs with ladylike lace sleeves, but the look isn’t strictly reserved for royalty. Celebs like Allison Williams, Audrey Hepburn, Olivia Palermo and Bianca Jagger (okay, so she wore a YSL Le Smoking jacket — details, details) all walked down the aisle doing the long-sleeve thing. If you have an autumnal affair in the works, long sleeves are definitely something to consider. To get the wedspiration off to a good start, we’ve pulled 16 stunning options below.
1. Marchesa Notte Rosanna Gown ($1,300): Be it a garden soiree or an elegant old-world affair at a historic estate, this enchanting gown is guaranteed to make jaws drop. Gilded embroidery, illusion sleeves and ethereal overlay render the striking A-line design both daring and demure. Style with Renaissance-inspired drop earrings, coppery eye makeup and a low chignon for a look that feels fit for a queen.
2. Houghton Marina ($2,500): Cookie cutter this tiered chiffon gown is not. Between the OMG-worthy neckline, lacy flutter sleeves and bombshell belt, this stunner perfectly blends past and present for a bridal look that’s bound to go down in history. Elevate the dress’s bohemian-babe vibes by adorning beachy waves with a dramatic flower crown. On the accessories front, make the most of the gown’s bare-it-all neckline with a luxe lariat or suede bolo.
3. Amsale Myra Gown (POA): If your sartorial loyalties lie on the traditional side, this airy tulle ball gown is right up your alley. Practically made for twirling out on the dance floor, this pretty piece would look downright DDG with a classic updo, shimmery heels and a brightly painted pout. Bonus points for a cathedral-length veil with timeless flair.
4. J.Crew Florence Gown ($2,650): This gorgeous gown transcends time with its classic A-line silhouette and flowy chiffon that will resonate with traditionalists and modern muses alike. Whether you’re planning a contemporary urban soiree or a rustic fête under the stars, play up its subtle vintage vibe with a lace-trimmed veil and art deco earrings for the win.
5. Kite and Butterfly Petal Gown ($860): Unleash your inner bohemian goddess with a crocheted lace gown that lets the good vibes roll. Perfect for exchanging heartfelt vows with your toes in the sand, followed by a backyard fête, the only thing this bell-sleeve beauty is missing is a lush flower crown and cascading bouquet.
6. Rime Arodaky Olsen Lace-Paneled Twill Gown ($4,850): Forget Breton stripes — give your bridal style a hint of French-girl flair with a show-stopping gown by Paris-based Rime Arodaky. Featuring edgy lace panels and a sleek sheath silhouette, it flawlessly fuses classic and contemporary aesthetics.
7. Milamira Bridal Agnia Gown ($740): It’s all in the details. Swiss dot tulle and a pale peach underlay lend this whimsical frock plenty of personality. Team it with a crystal-embellished belt and gilded halo for a storybook-style ensemble that will leave them breathless.
8. Houghton Wilkinson ($3,500): Not for the faint of heart, this sheer lace stunner is straight-up goals. Do wedding-day dressing your way by styling it alongside a bright pair of sneakers or sculptural stilettos, natural-looking makeup and a white leather jacket for a runway-ready look.
9. Needle & Thread Bridal Embellished Tulle Gown ($1,895): You’ll take any excuse to embrace a bit of glitz and glamour — and what better occasion than your impending “I dos?” With its intricate embellishments and ivory tulle, this lovely A-line number has goddess vibes built right in. Skip the veil and let this bad boy shine, adorning an understated ‘do with a sleek metallic headband.
10. Angel Sanchez Fall Winter 2016 Look 12 (POA): One word: obsessed. Illusion sleeves trimmed in dainty silk flowers lend this classic satin gown a one-of-a-kind edge. For a one-and-done look, let the gown do all the talking, styling it alongside simple studs and a bright hand-tied bouquet.
11. Self Portrait Long Sleeve Gown With Pleated Skirt ($836): Donning a big white dress has never been something you aspired to do — and that’s totally cool. Do you, girl, with a streamlined style with undeniable throwback flair. Between the crocheted bodice and larger-than-life bow, this gorgeous gown checks all the boxes. Usher the unique style into the 21st century with ultra-modern accessories like a sleek ear cuff.
12. Berta Style 16-122 (POA): Dance floor divas, listen up! You need a dress that shines as bright as your killer dance moves, and this bead-embellished beauty won’t disappoint. The semi-sheer skirt and OMG-worthy back make it ideal for a glam blowout bash — just add shimmery block heels (essential for keeping feet happy as you bounce to the beat) and a metallic smokey eye.
13. Reformation Thea Dress ($428): Okay, so grandma may not approve of the plunging neckline, but girl — you can’t make everyone happy. For an elegant look that feels right in line with your minimalist mentality, style your hair into a romantic fishtail braid and toss on a pair of burgundy suede block heels (that match your mani, of course).
14. Korovilas Landry Dress ($560): Lace-lovin’ ladies, this one’s for you. 3D details, graphic lace and a chevron scalloped hem put a RN twist on the classic bridal gown, striking the ultimate balance between traditional and trend-right. Are you obsessed yet?
15. Houghton Cinzia ($2,950): “Average” simply won’t do on your wedding day. You need a dress that will make jaws drop the second you step into the room. Enter the sultry column gown that manages to wow while leaving plenty to the imagination. The front lace panel allows you to get a little sassy without making grandma go weak in the knees.
16. Maggie Sottero Roberta Wedding Dress (POA): Gorgeous doesn’t even begin to cover it. Illusion lace, hand-placed appliqueés and a feminine sweetheart neckline are what dreams are made of. DO accessorize with vintage earrings and a crystal-embellished belt for an unforgettable ensemble that will do your Insta following proud. #nailedit
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.