14 Lucite Wedding Ideas for Your Big Day
Aside from the geometric wedding theme having a major moment, there’s another rising star in the wedding trend world this spring: lucite decor. It’s the perfect blend of modern and minimalist style that would look great at any wedding, whether you walk down the aisle past rows of lucite chairs or read off a hand-lettered lucite menu. It’s a *clear* contender for your wedding decor and is going to be all the rage for 2016. Check out these 15 modern lucite details you and your dearly beloved (and the rest of your guests) will love.
1. Lucite Dining Chairs: The best part of going lucite with your seating is it’ll look good with virtually ANY theme you choose. Going rustic? Keep the woodsy theme from getting outdated with a touch of modern lucite. What about boho? The clear chairs are a refreshing element to what could be a potential color and pattern overload. And we don’t even need to talk about how perfect it is for minimalist style. (Photo via Carmen Santarelli Photography / Style Me Pretty)
2. Lucite Bar Cart: It may be see-through, but there’s no seeing past this bar cart. You never know what you’ll get when playing around with mixed materials. The metallic accents on this ultra-chic bar cart bring the versatile lucite to a whole new level of fab. (via Carmen Santorelli / Style Me Pretty)
3. Lucite Floral Chair: Who knew a wedding bouquet could act as some seriously classy wedding decor when paired with a lucite chair? Take on this refreshing look by adding a bouquet of freshly picked florals to the backs of your lucite chairs. (via Cheryl McEwan / Style Me Pretty)
4. Lucite Ceremony Chairs: There’s an almost ethereal element to this clear decor trend. Opt for lucite when it comes to your ceremony chairs to reflect how *magical* it will feel when you’re making your way down the aisle. Sprinkle some florals down the aisle to finish off the look. (via Carlie Statsky / Green Wedding Shoes)
5. Hand-Lettered Lucite Menus: Whether you’re entertaining a large crowd or a select dozen, lucite menus provide a fancy way to show off what’s cookin’. Cater to a small group with individual hand-written menus, or place one at each table for a larger number of guests. (via Arna Bee / Kelly Oshiro / Flutter)
6. Lucite Bubble Chair: Minimalist meets fun with this alternative bubble chair. Both kids and adults alike will love the chance to take a spin in this lucite beauty. (via Leslee Mitchell)
7. Lucite Table Numbers: There’s no better way to let friends and family know where to sit than with a simple but sophisticated lucite table number. You can experiment with different base materials for one that suits your theme, but metallics are a great way to add some extra oomph. (via Kate Holstein / Once Wed)
8. Lucite Wedding Sign: To avoid confusing your guests, it’s important to have a number of signs around the venue. Whether you choose to share meaningful words or simply inform everyone of table seating, you can make sure it’ll look absolutely fab on a sheet of hanging lucite. (via Michael Radford Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
9. Tea and Becky Monogrammed Lucite Wedding Ring Box ($37): Bring the lucite trend down to the even the smallest of details, like your ring box. It’s the perfect combo of delicate and darling, and will make for a gorgeous wedding shot.
10. Wedding Card Lucite Box: Whether it’s for a fund or well wishes, you can sneak a peek at what your guests left for you in a clear lucite box. Plus, there won’t be any confusion about the box for guests, since they can see right through it! (via Chelsey Boatwright Photography / Style Me Pretty)
11. Monogrammed Lucite Couple’s Chairs: Okay, let’s be real. Nothing says romantic like monogrammed couple’s chairs. Write your sweet words directly onto the back of your chairs, or use a sign, like this adorable couple did. (via Chantal Lachance-Gibson / Ruffled)
12. Lucite Place Cards: Impress your guests with fancy place cards with metallic font. Finally, pretty place cards that double as favors that guests will actually *want* to take home. (via Candice Benjamin Photography / Southern California Bride)
13. Lucite Tiered Food Display: Just because you have comfort food on the menu doesn’t mean you can’t bring some elegance to your food display. Opt for a lucite display so you can let your guests appreciate the food’s presentation without the distraction of all the extraneous fluff. (via Peter Callahan)
14. Lucite Terrarium Decor: Jazz up your wedding decor by creating your very own terrarium. Throw a few succulents, flowers and other woodsy accents into a clear lucite box for a mini green space your guests can appreciate. (via The Youngrens / The Knot)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.