14 Lucite Wedding Ideas for Your Big Day
Aside from the geometric wedding theme having a major moment, there’s another rising star in the wedding trend world this spring: lucite decor. It’s the perfect blend of modern and minimalist style that would look great at any wedding, whether you walk down the aisle past rows of lucite chairs or read off a hand-lettered lucite menu. It’s a *clear* contender for your wedding decor and is going to be all the rage for 2016. Check out these 15 modern lucite details you and your dearly beloved (and the rest of your guests) will love.
1. Lucite Dining Chairs: The best part of going lucite with your seating is it’ll look good with virtually ANY theme you choose. Going rustic? Keep the woodsy theme from getting outdated with a touch of modern lucite. What about boho? The clear chairs are a refreshing element to what could be a potential color and pattern overload. And we don’t even need to talk about how perfect it is for minimalist style. (Photo via Carmen Santarelli Photography / Style Me Pretty)
2. Lucite Bar Cart: It may be see-through, but there’s no seeing past this bar cart. You never know what you’ll get when playing around with mixed materials. The metallic accents on this ultra-chic bar cart bring the versatile lucite to a whole new level of fab. (via Carmen Santorelli / Style Me Pretty)
3. Lucite Floral Chair: Who knew a wedding bouquet could act as some seriously classy wedding decor when paired with a lucite chair? Take on this refreshing look by adding a bouquet of freshly picked florals to the backs of your lucite chairs. (via Cheryl McEwan / Style Me Pretty)
4. Lucite Ceremony Chairs: There’s an almost ethereal element to this clear decor trend. Opt for lucite when it comes to your ceremony chairs to reflect how *magical* it will feel when you’re making your way down the aisle. Sprinkle some florals down the aisle to finish off the look. (via Carlie Statsky / Green Wedding Shoes)
5. Hand-Lettered Lucite Menus: Whether you’re entertaining a large crowd or a select dozen, lucite menus provide a fancy way to show off what’s cookin’. Cater to a small group with individual hand-written menus, or place one at each table for a larger number of guests. (via Arna Bee / Kelly Oshiro / Flutter)
6. Lucite Bubble Chair: Minimalist meets fun with this alternative bubble chair. Both kids and adults alike will love the chance to take a spin in this lucite beauty. (via Leslee Mitchell)
7. Lucite Table Numbers: There’s no better way to let friends and family know where to sit than with a simple but sophisticated lucite table number. You can experiment with different base materials for one that suits your theme, but metallics are a great way to add some extra oomph. (via Kate Holstein / Once Wed)
8. Lucite Wedding Sign: To avoid confusing your guests, it’s important to have a number of signs around the venue. Whether you choose to share meaningful words or simply inform everyone of table seating, you can make sure it’ll look absolutely fab on a sheet of hanging lucite. (via Michael Radford Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
9. Tea and Becky Monogrammed Lucite Wedding Ring Box ($37): Bring the lucite trend down to the even the smallest of details, like your ring box. It’s the perfect combo of delicate and darling, and will make for a gorgeous wedding shot.
10. Wedding Card Lucite Box: Whether it’s for a fund or well wishes, you can sneak a peek at what your guests left for you in a clear lucite box. Plus, there won’t be any confusion about the box for guests, since they can see right through it! (via Chelsey Boatwright Photography / Style Me Pretty)
11. Monogrammed Lucite Couple’s Chairs: Okay, let’s be real. Nothing says romantic like monogrammed couple’s chairs. Write your sweet words directly onto the back of your chairs, or use a sign, like this adorable couple did. (via Chantal Lachance-Gibson / Ruffled)
12. Lucite Place Cards: Impress your guests with fancy place cards with metallic font. Finally, pretty place cards that double as favors that guests will actually *want* to take home. (via Candice Benjamin Photography / Southern California Bride)
13. Lucite Tiered Food Display: Just because you have comfort food on the menu doesn’t mean you can’t bring some elegance to your food display. Opt for a lucite display so you can let your guests appreciate the food’s presentation without the distraction of all the extraneous fluff. (via Peter Callahan)
14. Lucite Terrarium Decor: Jazz up your wedding decor by creating your very own terrarium. Throw a few succulents, flowers and other woodsy accents into a clear lucite box for a mini green space your guests can appreciate. (via The Youngrens / The Knot)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.