14 Easy Maca Powder Recipes You Need to Try
Just when you think that you’ve tried all of the superfood trends you could, here comes maca to shake things up. The nutrient-rich root is mainly sold in powder form and is thought to help balance hormones, increase energy levels, ease PMS, and boost fertility. Um, sign us up RN, please. To see 14 ways that you can incorporate maca into your daily routine, check out the recipes below.
1. Hormone Balancing Almond, Maca, and Cinnamon Smoothie: The easiest way to inject a bit of maca into your diet is through smoothies. Just one or two teaspoons mixed with cinnamon and almond butter is enough to get you hooked. (via Wallflower Kitchen)
2. Raw Chocolate-Maca Sandwich Cookies: Who needs an Oreo when you could have a double chocolate dupe that’s also healthy? These cookies will ease that PMS sugar craving and maybe even relieve the symptoms of Aunt Flo as well. (via Coconut and Berries)
3. Malted Maca Chocolate Ice Cream: Depending on what you match it with, maca can have a slight malted flavor or no flavor at all. To highlight its natural taste, use it in a creamy ice cream paired with chocolate. (via Wallflower Kitchen)
5. Maca Cacao Hot Chocolate: When you have the opportunity, there’s no reason not to add extra health benefits to treats like hot chocolate. To finish off your cup, whip some coconut cream for a luscious vegan topping. (via Love and Lemons)
6. Superfood Maca Latte: Get your day started on the right foot with an energy-boosting maca latte. If you can’t have caffeine but need a little jolt to get you going in the morning, this will be your new lifesaver. (via Catching Seeds)
7. Chocolate and Maca Quinoa Bars: Don’t reach for that Snickers when you hit your afternoon slump. These superfood bars are a sweet and crunchy way to keep you full until dinner and give you the lift you need to finish out your work day. (via Sheer Luxe)
8. Maca Cashew Mousse Chocolate Cups: These cups are *just* as delicious as the ones you already love, and you can decorate them with everything from cacao nibs and goji berries to bee pollen and coconut. (via Nourish Everyday)
9. Maca and Coconut Flour Pancakes for One: Sometimes, sharing is not caring, and you just want to make a hearty breakfast for yourself. There’s no shame in that game! These pancakes are a perfect weekend feast that’ll go perfectly with a nice mimosa. (via Nourish Everyday)
10. Five-Minute Maca Energy Bites: If you’re all about that healthy lifestyle, you probably have everything you need for these bliss balls in your pantry. Feel free to switch up the nuts and seeds according to what you have, but the maca is non-negotiable. (via My Whole Food Life)
12. Energizing Maca, Almond Butter, and Cacao Overnight Oats: Thanks to the cacao, maca, and oats that are all a source of long-lasting energy, you’ll get through the first part of your day with ease. (via Blissful Basil)
13. Raw Maca Avocado Cacao Truffles: Who would have thought that truffles would be a perfect pre-workout snack? These little bites are high in fat, low in sugar, and are packed with healthy nutrients for sustainability. (via Wicked Spatula)
14. Strawberry Banana Maca Protein Smoothie: This refreshing fruity smoothie will fill your body with essential antioxidants and help your muscles recover from that intense HIIT workout. Supplement with your favorite protein powder, and you’ll be ready to take on the world. (via A Fit Philosophy)
Follow us on Pinterest for more healthy recipe ideas!