9 Maternity Cover-Ups Perfect for the Beach This Summer
It’s summer, it’s hot, and no one is saying that you should hide your growing belly bump. But as you head to the beach in your stylish maternity swimsuit, you’ll still need a cute cover-up for those chilly nights on the water or to throw on when you go indoors. Instead of trying to wiggle your way into your pre-pregnancy tees to keep yourself cozy, check out these chic (and comfortable) cover-up options for the mama-to-be.
1. A Pea in the Pod Tie Detail Maternity Swim Cover-Up ($75): The cute tie detail dresses up this simple style, and the three-quarter-length sleeves provide that extra bit of coverage, making this pick ideal for those not-so-hot summer days and nights.
2. Motherhood Maternity Caftan Swim Cover-Up ($30): For a stepped-up selection that will fit you in all three trimesters, opt for this cover-up with flowy sleeves and a pretty lace border. Make sure to pack it when you go on your babymoon!
3. ASOS Maternity Channel Waist Beach Cover Up ($32): With tie sides, an elasticized waistband, and a stylish cut, this cover-up is comfortable and chic all at once.
4. H&M Crêped Satin Kimono ($35): This isn’t technically maternity wear, but it’s got the perfect fit for the mama-to-be and provides plenty of room for your growing belly bump.
5. A Pea in the Pod Splendid Striped Maternity Swim Cover-Up ($106): If you want something that says “sleek” more than “cutesy,” try this sweet striped option. Bonus: It has pockets, and who doesn’t love a dress with pockets?!
6. Pondichérie Dia Cover-Up Poncho ($240): On those stifling hot summer days, this roomy poncho, though not specifically for preggo beach bumps, will keep you looking good while it lets in the breeze.
7. Motherhood Maternity Ruffle Hem Maternity Swim Coverup ($30): When you want your beachwear to look like regular clothes, throw on this feminine selection that doubles as a delicate summer sundress.
8. A Pea in the Pod Crochet Maternity Swim Cover-Up ($48): This lightly crocheted cover-up keeps the details minimal for a touch of extra flair that doesn’t go over-the-top.
9. Xhilaration Women’s Grommet Kaftan Cover-Up Dress ($20): While not strictly maternity wear, this kaftan has flow so you can grow. And the yellow accent adds a cheerful burst of color to sunny warm-weather days.
What’s your favorite maternity beach cover-up? Share your pick by tagging on Instagram @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)