Can’t remember the last time you took a trip without searching high and low for an affordable and centrally located Airbnb? You’re not alone; the booking platform’s massive rise in popularity has had a real impact on global hotspots and has become a go-to choice for millennials when they travel. Though vacation rental sites boast some luxe properties that are perfect places to score a little R&R, we still love a good resort for unwinding and unplugging. Read on for seven faves where you and your BFFs or S.O. can soak up the sunshine this summer.
1. The Grand Hyatt Resort and Spa, Kauai, HI: You may have spotted this paradise on a few famous Instagram feeds, as The Bachelor’s Ali Fedotowsky and Molly Mesnick are both fans — and we can see why. This ultra dreamy property boasts a beautiful beach and oceanfront views, along with a saltwater lagoon, walking path, garden, and 24-hour multi-level pool, complete with a lazy river and water slides. Sip drinks at one of the two outside bars, dine over a koi pond, snack on late-night sushi, and troll for treasures in the lobby where Kauai-based designers and artisans such as Mali Sabatasso sell their pieces. Want to score some awesome photos? Hit up a sunrise yoga class to see the spectacular colored early-morning sky.
2. Atlantis Paradise Island, Nassau, Bahamas: Want to plan a resort vacay that you’ll remember forever? Atlantis, Paradise Island in the Bahamas is your best bet. Get your vitamin D fix while swimming in one of the 11 pools or hanging out along the four miles of beautiful beaches before you scope out the world’s largest open-air marine habitat — currently home to rescued dolphins who share the space with 250 other species. Need more? The on-site water park, Aquaventure, is ideal for thrill seekers and slide lovers, while the oceanfront golf course and Atlantis Casino are super fun places to hang out with friends (or make new ones!).
3. JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort and Spa, Los Cabos, Mexico: This cool resort is the perfect way to experience all the enchantment Los Cabos has to offer. A quick getaway for jet-setters who live on the West Coast, this beachfront property makes it easy to spend your days relaxing in the sun and sand. Unwind even more by booking a day at the on-site Jasha Spa, a recipient of many coveted awards that’s also been named a top spa in Mexico. Make the most of your spa time with a facial and massage, and then alternate between the sauna and thermal pools with your squad. Don’t leave without trying an authentic Temescal experience either; the sweat lodge and its local shaman are known for their ability to bring you revitalized energy and a sense of healing.
4. Basin Harbor, Vergennes, VT: This New England resort reminds us of the scenes we fell in love with the first time we watched Dirty Dancing; the big beautiful lake, picturesque mountain views, and heaps of on-site activities make it a great place to go with friends or family. For group travel, book a cabin with multiple bedrooms perched above the Adirondack lake. Get a literal taste of Vermont each morning with local treats from the renowned breakfast buffet or grab an authentic maple creemee to enjoy at the docks. When you’re ready to get out on the water, hop in a kayak or aboard a boat. Or take an afternoon bike ride to explore the beautiful landscape, and then finish off the day by lounging along the shore soaking up the sun.
5. The Buccaneer, St. Croix, USVI: Another epic property that’s been featured on The Bachelorette, this Caribbean retreat (which is the Virgin Island’s longest running resort) is what dreams of island paradise are made of. In addition to gorgeous rooms and private, palm-tree-lined beaches, The Buccaneer offers 340 tropical acres filled with golf, tennis, and a world-class spa for plenty of fun and relaxation during your stay. Looking to explore the spectacular surroundings nearby? Head to downtown Christiansted for some authentic Caribbean eats and to shop for a classic hook bracelet at Sonya Ltd.
6. Spring Creek Ranch, Jackson, WY: Summer is prime time for an active, outdoor adventure, and this picture-perfect resort is in the prime position for easy access to Yellowstone National Park and downtown Jackson Hole. Treat yourself to a studio or go splitsies with your group to get a full-sized cabin early in the season; you’ll love looking at the Grand Teton Mountains from your backyard while wildlife like moose roam freely. Shuttles are available to top local sights like downtown Jackson Hole, and Spring Creek offers a number of Yellowstone tours with expert naturalists who can educate you about the rainbow pools, bubbling streams, and other geothermal features you won’t find anywhere else.
7. Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, Tucson, AZ: This one is for the wellness lovers! Dive into rejuvenation and pampering in this desert sanctuary, which was designed to provide guests with comfort, connection, and balance. The ultimate healthy splurge, this resort includes luxe rooms, gourmet meals, wholesome snacks, and unlimited smoothie bar trips with each booking. To top it off, you can enjoy 120 included wellness activities, fitness classes, and lectures — along with access to the 24-hour fitness center and three different pools.
(Featured photo via @thebuccaneerstcroix)