10 Gadgets Designed for the Carnivore Within You
Be warned, this post is definitely NSFV. That’s “not safe for vegetarians” in our book. And these gadgets are most certainly designed with the carnivore in mind. Whether you prefer to grill, roast, or cook on the stove, these cooking utensils will up your meat-cooking game. Sharpen those knives, and get ready to dig in.
1. Stuffed Hamburger Press with Lifter ($14): Because sometimes a plain hamburger just won’t do. This press helps you make a burger stuffed with cheese, bacon, or anything else you can dream up.
2. Cyclone ($12): What is it about a spiral cut that just makes hot dogs and sausages so much better? Maybe it’s because the toppings can seep into the slices and boost the flavor to a new level.
3. Tre Spade Meat Grinder ($150): If you’re serious about sausage, it’s time to try your hand at making your own. Even if you’re not to that point yet, you can use this grinder to turn some of those lesser known cuts into meatballs, hamburgers, and more.
4. Microplane Meat Tenderizer ($20): Yes, this looks like a combination futuristic and medieval torture device, but we promise it’s just for making those steaks even juicier.
5. Rosle Stainless-Steel Digital Oven and Meat Thermometer ($45): Whether you’re a professional cook or a novice, the handy settings on this meat thermometer will make sure your (insert favorite dish here) is cooked to perfection.
6. Nordicware 2-Sided Microwavable Bacon/Meat Grill ($18): If you’re too pressed for time to fire up the grill or turn on the stove, reach for this grill that goes in the microwave.
7. Schmidt Brothers Vertical Roaster ($30): Class up your beer-can chicken with this vertical roaster. The center well holds beer, broth, or marinades, and the outer basket can grill your vegetables.
8. The Smoking Gun Hand-Held Food Smoker ($99): Not just for meat, this smoker gives that distinct wood-charred flavor without any of the heat. So you can infuse your favorite bourbons, make smoky peaches, or add extra flavor to the steak you cooked on the stove.
9. Chef’s Choice International Electric Food Slicer ($99): For the person who is really serious about freshly sliced deli meats, this will make the perfect gift. (And be sure you’re planning to be at their house for Thanksgiving this year, too.)
10. Grill Wrangler ($38): These are no ordinary grilling tongs! Slide the button on the handle and out pops a fork to spear that steak.
Would you use any of these gadgets? Tell us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)