8 of the Most Hilarious Met Gala Internet Memes
Sure, we were all riveted by the fabulous fashion and accessories flashed at this year’s Met Gala, like Katy Perry’s Tamagotchi. Now that Kylie Jenner is at home recovering from her brutal Met Gala outfit, it’s time to take a look at the best memes that were spawned from last night’s event. Is there another Rihanna Pizza Dress? We’ll find out. From Taylor Swift to the Kardashians, Beyoncé to Rita Ora, no one was safe.
1. Taylor Swift: As much as we love Taylor Swift, not everyone was on board with her goth-glam look, and the meme that compared her dress to, well, fish scales wasn’t exactly a flattering comparison.
2. Beyoncé: Though Queen Bey can do nothing wrong musically, her full-length Givenchy latex dress with little beaded embellishments from last night was compared to, um, weird bodily innards.
4. Solange: Even Bey’s sis, Solange, wasn’t safe from the jokers, who felt like her mega frilly canary yellow dress by Amsterdam-based designer David LaPort resembled ruffled chips.
5. Rita Ora: Some fans felt that singer Rita Ora’s feathery Vera Wang dress resembled a certain house-cleaning apparatus.
5. Zayn Malik: Gigi’s BF and the “Pillowtalk” singer’s steely look certainly wasn’t missed by those who thought he looked like a superhero (or maybe a villain?). Zayn as a superhero/villain? We really can’t see too many people complaining about that kind of comparison (or even a movie-like possibility).
6. Katy Perry: Certainly no one expected Katy Perry to play it safe, but her bleached eyebrows and toothy smile made some fans think of a certain Wallace & Gromit chicken lady. Okay, this one made us LOL.
7. Katie Holmes: The actress brought a slick look to the red carpet, but some saw more droopy Hollywood horror movie-esque style than Hollywood glam.
8. Kris Jenner: And, finally, there was Kris Jenner in a sequined all-black Balmain number (same designer as her daughters Kim + Kylie). Kris in her slinky black gown + matching choker resembled the villainess Maleficent.
Memes aside, way to rock the fabulously wild outfits, gala-goers!
Which meme (or outfit) made you laugh and cringe? Tweet us @BritandCo!