Heavy Metal Home: 30 Ways to Rock Metal Decor
Would you ever have guessed that the team here at Brit HQ is way into metal? Well, metal decor, that is! The sleek and sturdy element gives everything from industrial-looking furniture to metallic-dipped table accessories a thoroughly modern feel, making it an accessible design choice for nearly any home. See how you can integrate it into your living space—on the floor, on the wall, or around the house—with these 30 stellar metal pieces.
1. Vintage Architecture Chair ($3,480): This one-of-a-kind one seater is tres chic! Its steel frame complements those amazing architectural print cushions.
2. Shopkeeper Bookshelf ($448): Step right up to this tiered shopkeeper’s bookshelf! While its open-air shelving may not actually be ideal for keeping books, it would be an amazing display stand for plants or other memorabilia.
3. Factory Side Table ($59): Looking to add a big pop of color to your room? Then check out these industrial-style side tables. Be bold and order a pair in contrasting colors.
4. Adjustable Metal Floor Lamp ($169): There’s an incredibly futuristic feel to this four-legged floor lamp, and we’re OK with that. The nickel-coated base is fully adjustable, which means you can go from direct light to mood lighting in seconds.
5. Guapo Desk ($499): We love the versatility of this iron desk. Use it as your main home workstation, or set it in your entryway to make an industrial first impression.
6. Lily Side Table ($149): How glam is this metal scalloped side table? It just goes to show that metal can look dainty when it wants to!
7. Berkeley Headboard ($429-$489): The addition of even the most basic of headboards can really punch up your sleep space. So top off your mattress set with this classic and colorful iron headboard.
8. Parker Coat Rack ($299): We’re hypnotized by this swirling coat rack! Have you ever seen such a modern design?
9. Natural Elements Dining Table ($898): Go back to basics with this no-frills dining table. Pale oakwood is a stunning contrast to the dark, iron legs of this banquet-sized piece.
10. Forest Counter Stool ($498): This white-coated iron stool would be perfect pulled up to any breakfast nook or bar. We’re nuts about the adorable twig legs and 3D pinecone detail!
11. Pressed Metal Wall Cube ($78): This is truly a storage system after our hearts. Multiple small cubes are the perfect size to store crafting supplies like rulers, brushes, and acrylic paint, as this photo shows. Or fill it with wooden spoons and tea towels to make it kitchen-friendly.
12. Metal Letters ($29): The typography craze seems like it’s here to stay, so jump on board with these distressed bronze letters. Get playful and spell out domestic actions like “eat,” “bake,” or “read.”
13. Welded Letter Holder ($68): This whimsical storage solution can hold more than just mail if you use your imagination. How about as a home for handwritten recipes? Or even in lieu of a file cabinet above your desk?
15. Wire Script Sculpture ($50): We’re seriously swooning over these romantic wall hangings. Wire is hand-forged into beautiful script that either welcomes or wishes well.
16. Wire Sunburst Mirror ($129): What a stunner! Powder-coated spokes create a wow-worthy sunburst around this tiny circular mirror.
17. 6 Hook Metal Coat Rack ($40): Raw steel is bent into diamond-shaped waves to create this fluid coat rack. Mount this metal space saver by your front door or even on the inside of a closet door.
18. Metropolitan Wall Clock ($329): This vintage-inspired clock is absolutely timeless—we couldn’t resist. We love the slightly weathered finish of the folded steel frame.
19. Marquee Letter Hook ($18): If metal marquee letters seem too imposing, why not try out these tiny letter wall hooks? There’s no chicer way to incorporate the ABC’s into your home decor. ;)
20. Chalkboard Wall Plaque ($20): A swirling metal crown adds an elegant accent to this rustic wall plaque. It’s the perfect canvas for scribbling reminders and notes to the fam.
21. Lasercut Fox Book Ends ($55): What a fantastic Mr. Fox! This sly metal book end is sure to add some flair to desks and shelves alike.
22. Faceted Terrarium ($158): We’re drooling over this gorgeous faceted terrarium. Copper-colored iron make this jagged glass vessel effortlessly hip.
23. Metal Leaf Decorative Bowl ($59): It’s hard to believe that this delicate-looking bowl is made out of metal. Raindrop-shaped “leaves” are expertly welded together to create this airy table centerpiece.
24. Tealight Holder ($34): This mirrored brass candle holder turns an unassuming tea light into the center of attention. It’s geometric shape insanely modern and right on trend.
25. Galvanized Metal Bin ($29): These beautifully galvanized bins are the perfect way to organize your home’s more rugged spaces, like the basement, utility room, or laundry room.
26. OLSBO Frame ($5): What’s better than a piece of fun and colorful home decor? That’s why we can’t help loving this kooky circle frame.
27. Medallion Jewelry Stand ($34): We love a good two-in-one, and this metal jewelry stand definitely fits the bill. Its criss crossing arms not only cradle three ceramic cups, but the outstretched posts allow you to hang bangles, earrings, and the like.
28. Multiples Pencil Holders ($48): This perfectly mis-matched set of metal pencil holders is wonderfully quirky. The sky blue color is super refreshing, especially if you’re working in a window-less space.
29. Geo Pendant ($69): This minimalist pendant certainly packs a punch design-wise. Hang this statement piece in tiered clusters for maximum impact.
30. Gold-Dipped Glasswear ($80): We’ll end this metal roundup with a classic: gold dipped glassware. There are a ton of options out there (both metallic and non), but if you’re having trouble finding just the right pre-dipped vessel, try our tutorial on your favorite plain piece.
Which metal pieces would you incorporate into your decor? Tell us in the comments below!
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.