We’ve been known to not shy away from shiny things here at Brit + Co. From gold dipped ceramics to chic sequins earrings, we love a pop of metallic in our lives. But speaking style-wise, just a glimmer of shimmer won’t do. Full-blown metallics are everywhere these days, creating a seriously eye-catching trend that’s not for the faint of heart. Check out these 15 Brit-approved ways to work silver and gold into your wardrobe.
1. Denham Dress with Metallic Geo-Tribal Print ($250): This relaxed-fit gold dress is an easy way to break into the metallic trend. A tarnished finish and playful tribal pattern are perfectly balanced by a burnout finish on the back.
3. Shimmered Clipped Dot Blouse ($98): Silver polka dots? Count us in! Flecks of metallic fiber add undeniable glamour to this chiffon blouse.
4. Jovonnista Metallic Shorts ($40): Show your legs some metallic love with these hot, high-waisted blue shorts. Pair ’em with a short sweater and opaque tights to get a charming look.
5. Metallic Oil Slick Cardigan ($68): This sparkly cardigan is quite versatile, not to mention, totally fabulous! Toss it over a cute jean jumper for a great day look (who knew jean and sequin looked so good together?) or wear it over a white, chiffon blouse and tapered trousers for a killer evening outfit.
6. Hailey Woven Skirt ($88): This classic woven skirt is amped up to awesome levels thanks to this metallic finish. The intensity is mild, which means it’s totally work appropriate. Score!
7. Goldie Metallic Blazer ($68): We’re in love with the subtle sheen on this fitted blazer. Mid-length sleeves and a split back vent make it even more effortlessly chic. And why wouldn’t you rock it with the matching pants?
8. Deco Sequin Petite Tank ($168): Gold sequins looks like a dream sewn onto that chocolatey bronze top. The square pieces create a pretty scalloped pattern that gets more dramatic the deeper it goes.
9. Chaser Beatrix Velvet Track Pant ($196): Yes, these velvety track pants are quite intense. But when paired with just the right kind of tops, they become terrifically tamed. In our opinion, NastyGal aced the styling on this one: wear ‘em with a basic jersey tee, an oversized cardigan and scarf, and a pair of suede, teal pumps.
10. Illuminated Tee ($88): If we had to choose the ultimate metallic tee (there are a lot out there), this might be our pick. Slightly slouchy, yet cut to form, this is the top that will definitely take you places.
11. Kimono in Metallic ($63): Toss this bold gold kimono over any tank top or tee to add some serious shine to your outfit. It looks amazing over a similarly silky black blouse or maxi dress.
13. Vero Moda Fringed Metallic Insert Jersey Top ($50): How flirty is this fringe top? With a neckline dipped in shimmering gold and lined with long, draping fringe, it’s a really fun way to dress up for cocktail hour with the girls.
15. Bronze Age Dress ($518): This ultra luxe bronze cocktail dress would be a stunner at any formal event. A floral, Art Deco pattern and thick black straps totally make us swoon. But the best part? It has side pockets!
Are you in on the metallic trend? How do you incorporate silver and gold pieces into your everyday looks? Talk to us in the comments below.