27 of Mindy Kaling’s Best Looks Ever
By now, it’s pretty much been established that Mindy Kaling is one of the coolest people ever. She writes, she produces, she acts and she’s a huge fashionista. Our proof of this last claim? Her fabulous Instagram account. Whether they’re her own fashion choices or those of her on-screen persona Dr. Lahiri, all the outfits Mindy rocks are, to say the least, pretty rad. We’ve rounded up 27 ways for you to steal those super trendy styles, so go ahead and get ready to look just as hot as Mindy.
1. MANGO Round Stud Jacket ($130): Studded jackets are hot right now (and not just because of the summer temps). It’s because they add the ideal amount of edginess to any outfit.
2. Splendid Double Placket Shirt ($42): Wearing the same collared shirts to work every day can get boring. It’s time to jazz things up with a hot color like this bright shade of fuchsia.
3. Aryn K Blazer in Mixed Houndstooth ($143): Um, fun blazers are pretty much the best thing ever. Houndstooth is a pretty classy print too, so it works for formal occasions just as well as casual ones.
4. Corset Strapless Jacquard Dress ($134): Although we don’t make many red carpet appearances, we can’t help but love this shiny number. There’s something about sparkles that always wins us over.
5. Emma Cook Abbie Dress ($273): We love this dress so much that there really isn’t a worthy lookalike, so we’re bringing you the real deal. It’s pricey, but totally worth it.
6. Vero Moda Stripe Dress ($29): Our pick may not have the same wavy design of Mindy’s Marc Jacobs dress, but it definitely has the same awesome visual interest. We’re also big fans of the black sleeves and hem that bring the look together.
8. Chelsea Girl Floral Polka Dot Dress ($50): Mixed prints? Consider us smitten.
9. A Wear Contrast Panel Dress ($56): Great black dresses are always a necessity, but adding white accents takes them to a whole new level.
10. ASOS Body-Con Dress with Color Blocking ($73): Color blocking is always welcome in our closets, especially when it’s side panel color blocking.
11. Just Female Merle Dress ($85): Abstract cheetah prints with colors mixed in? Yeah, we’re totally diggin’ it.
12. Only Long Sleeve Biker Blazer ($46): Biker jackets are all the rage nowadays, but this pick is special for two reasons. One, it’s the hottest shade of green we can possibly imagine. Two, it’s actually a carefully disguised blazer. Score!
13. Fancy You Roadie Sweater ($198): Want the exact same sweater Mindy rocked in this Instagram post? We’ve got you covered.
14. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Sweater ($98): You may need a few of Mindy’s gold coins to purchase this sweater, but its ’90s-esque playfulness would probably be easy to DIY with some big sequins!
16. Arrogant Cat Sweetheart Dress ($86): Sweetheart necklines are a guaranteed way to add a flirty touch to your LBD. This dress would totally look great paired with that houndstooth blazer we showed you earlier.
17. Vila Blazer with Pockets ($54): We’re completely in love with this blazer, mostly because of those extremely structured shoulders. Is it weird to describe them as adorably square? Because that’s what we’re going with.
18. Yumi Tie Waist Trench Coat ($86): We really do love Mindy’s red coat, but let’s be real. The best part of this picture is definitely her costar Chris Messina, known to many as the handsome grump Dr. Danny Castellano.
19. Plaid and Subtract Dress ($35): Mindy can play the innocent and whimsical role so well. This plaid dress pairs perfectly with a red leather jacket for a grown-up twist on a schoolgirl look.
21. ASOS Cigarette Pants in Crepe ($48): Everybody needs a pair of bright yellow pants in their life.
22. JOA Embellished Crop Top Set ($117): An embellished crop-top set and more lovable costars? Mindy knows just what we like.
24. Pip Studio Pien Flannel Pajamas ($174): If you dress fashionably during the day, you definitely have to sleep in style too.
25. Whistles Luna Capri Pants ($145): Since you’ve already fallen in love with the yellow pants, you’ll clearly need a neon orange pair too.
26. Sugarhill Boutique Dazzle Sequin Pencil Skirt ($61): Pencil skirts can wind up looking too professional sometimes, so jazzing them up with sequins and sparkles is always a good idea.
27. DKNY Abby Hooded Trench Coat ($166): Mindy definitely shares our color-filled view of the world. You’ll be stopping traffic in this beautiful, yellow coat as if you are a star yourself.
Do you follow Mindy on Instagram? Who is your celebrity fashion icon? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook.