20 Mini Bucket Bags That Are *BIG* on Style
If there’s one must-have fall accessory full-fledged fashion girls can’t get enough of, it’s a tried-and-true bucket bag that can be styled a million and one ways — and for good reason. Not only are they the definition of on-the-go style, requiring zero outfit coordination, but they also have a way of making any outfit feel instantly put-together. This season’s crop of trendsetting bucket bags may be on the smaller side, but boy are they mighty when it comes to packing a punch and winning the approval of fashion insiders. Whether you like your #BOTD (bag of the day) to be slouchy, streamlined, studded or fringe-tastic, one of these 20 covetable It girl-approved bags is sure to win your approval. Add one (or all of ‘em) to your back-to-school capsule wardrobe today.
1. Kate Spade Flights of Fancy Mini Bucket Bag ($298): If adulting is commuting to work with a banana-printed bucket bag in tow (cue the chuckles from passersby), then we’re so down. Not only will this fruity statement piece lend a little extra sumthin’ sumthin’ to any look, but it’s guaranteed to turn a mundane Monday upside down.
2. Jaded London Satin Cactus Bucket Bag ($65): Jetsetting off to an exotic locale? Right this way. We’ve got you covered with a tropical printed cactus bag for a last-minute stint in paradise. Load it up with the essentials (everything from sunscreen to snacks) for an afternoon spent poolside chilling, or tote it to the tiki hut with a neck-plunging black jumpsuit.
3. Auxiliary Heda Bucket ($225): There’s nothing blasé about a sleek and streamlined bucket bag that looks like a million bucks. This stunning leather cross-body bag is the fall must-have you didn’t know you needed, but now won’t be able to live without. Toss it on with a plaid shirt dress and riding boots come this fall for a lazy girl-approved look.
4. Zara Beaded Bucket Bag ($50): Not so fast! Before you go ruling out bucket bags for evening functions, check out this fancy beaded mini sac with major It-girl swagger. Try styling it for date night with a drop-waist dress or toss it on alongside a white button-down and black culottes for a look that works its magic around the clock. Come happy hour, you’ll be able to enjoy sips and snacks without the burden of an oversized clutch getting in your way.
5. Charles & Keith Camo Print Bucket Bag ($79): A surefire way to take your athleisure game up a notch? Sling this camo print bucket bag (with a tint of pink and army green) over your shoulder for a tough-girl-chic look that can be rocked beyond the gym. For commuting downtown, a bomber jacket and silk joggers will have you looking boss.
6. Mansur Gavriel Blue Leather Mini Bucket Bag ($610): Talk about major arm candy. Please excuse us while we swoon over the bucket bag of our (and every other fashion girl’s) dreams. If you can get past the steep price, then it will easily be your greatest investment piece to date. This royal blue stunner will accompany your most pared-down sneakers and earn you best-dressed status come the new school year. #Winning
7. See by Chloe Vicki Small Bucket Bag With Cross Body Strap ($395): Cool-girl ankle booties for fall? Check. Embroidered vintage denim jacket? Check. To-die-for slouchy leather bucket bag? Triple check. The verdict is in: You need this luxe black bag in your life STAT for a look that says trying, but not trying too hard. From the streets of NYC to LA, this secret weapon in disguise will serve as instant street-style bait no matter where you’re roaming.
8. Charles & Keith Drawstring Bucket Bag ($49): Who says you have to fork out major moolah to snag a bucket bag that’s equal parts sleek and sophisticated this fall? Not this girl. Pair this bad boy with the right threads (a white t-shirt, distressed jeans and combat boots) for an off-duty look that’s ready to take the streets by storm.
9. Forever 21 Mini Faux Leather Bucket Bag ($16): Meet your new stylish sidekick for midnight ice cream runs and GNOs: This mini drawstring bucket bag is just large enough to fit the essentials (think: wallet, phone and lipgloss for touch-ups) for a night of hands-free dancing. Team it with a bodycon dress and platform heels as you strut your stuff on the dance floor.
10. KARA Nude Woven Nano Tie Crossbody ($410): Fun size FTW! These miniature hand-woven bucket bags will give your oversized totes a run for their money. Instead of weighing you down, they’ll make you think twice before lugging around any unnecessary extras. Part bucket bag, part cross-body, they’re practically made for running errands on a whim.
11. Charles & Keith Cut-Out Bucket Bag ($59): We can’t decide what we love more: the dreamy shade of petal pink or the compact cylinder shape. Between a bridal shower, fancy dinner banquet and Sunday brunch, a polished bucket bag with this much It-girl appeal is guaranteed to sweep you off your feet.
12. Sole Society Mini Fringe Faux Leather Bucket Bag ($50): Fringe? For fall? YAS, girl. In lieu of predictable saddle bags and streamlined satchels, this fringe-tastic bucket bag has wear-everywhere appeal. It plays well with bell-sleeve rompers, denim button-front skirts and even plain ol’ cropped flares for a little Southwestern flair.
13. Shaffer Greta Drawstring Bag ($99): For the girl who yearns for summer year-round, this nautical-inspired drawstring bag is for you. The navy and red combo looks surprisingly chic with an oversized fisherman sweater, high-waisted shorts and boat shoes. Come Labor Day weekend, some Breton stripes will have you Nantucket-ready.
14. Front Row Shop Polka-Dot Duffle Bag ($57): Playful and whimsical doesn’t even begin to describe this bucket bag featuring colorful grommet details. It’ll lend just the right amount of color to your all-black-everything uniform without cramping your style. Teamed with an LBD and chunky platform sandals, it’s guaranteed to send good outfit vibes your way.
15. See by Chloé Vicki Mini Textured-Leather Shoulder Bag ($395): Ditch the crazy bag lady status once and for all a la this textured leather bucket bag that’s made for the upcoming fall days. The decorative tassels and gold hardware will elevate even your most casual ensembles. Style it alongside a slouchy knit sweater and cowgirl boots for a post-festival-season look that’s ready for a weekend spent apple picking.
16. LOTFI Mini Bucket Bag in Lemon ($52): Chin up, buttercup — this lemon yellow bucket bag, featuring a nautical-inspired rope handle, is just the thing for your weekly flea market run. The canvas cotton material will not only inspire you to do less, but it’s a shoo-in for Labor Day festivities.
17. Sézane Dina Bag ($175): Come fall, there are certain capsule wardrobe must-haves you’ll inevitably reach for time and time again. This velvety goatskin bucket bag is one of ‘em. The hazelnut hue will pair exquisitely with your beloved denim overalls and cutoffs, all the while solidifying your status as a ‘70s goddess. Late September wedding in the countryside? Toss this wardrobe workhorse on with a ruffled maxi and a fringed vest for unlimited boho vibes.
18. Mango Studded Bucket Bag ($60): ‘90s babes, unite! Introducing the star-studded bucket bag that’s begging to be teamed with a throwback varsity jacket and embroidered denim this fall. Don’t underestimate its itty-bitty size — this too-cool-for-school hero piece will slay from the streets to the classroom (and beyond).
19. Charles & Keith Tassel Detail Bucket Bag ($59): Just when you thought Rose Quartz (AKA Pantone’s color of the year) was on its way out, this girly pink bucket bag with tassels (!) enters the scene. Just think of the possibilities: Style it with a candy pink power suit or throw it on with a cream-colored lace frock for an unexpected pop of color. Something tells us that a pair of chunky block heels may not be too far behind.
20. Milly Pom Pom Small Drawstring ($325): Have no fear: Pom-pom embellished accessories won’t be flying under the radar anytime soon. When your signature leather bucket bag starts feeling meh, this playful drawstring number will lend *major* oomph to every #OOTD. Between the multi-colored fringe and black poms, all that’s missing is a pair of statement-making steppers for an action-packed look.
Will you invest in a micro-sized bucket bag this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.