16 Minimalist Nail Art Ideas with Black Polish
Achieving the most eye-catching manicure doesn’t have to involve a salon’s worth of different nail polish colors. According to some of the top nail artists on the ‘gram, all you need to make that happen is some patience and a dark nail color. The girl on the go will truly tip her hat to these minimalistic nail designs, all of which will put the black polish you have lying around to good use. Not sure where to start? We’ve scoured the web and found some of the most inspiring ideas to copy. Scroll down to check ’em out.
1. Twist on a French: Pair your black polish with a simple white to elevate and invert your classic French finish.
2. Squiggly Lines: Start off with a neutral base coat, then get funky with random squiggly lines.
3. Marble Print: While marble looks quite complicated, it’s actually fairly simple to complete. Using black nail polish and a small brush dipped in acetone, draw on lines with the polish and then blur them by swirling with the brush.
4. Lines and Triangles: One small black line from top to bottom of your nail bed makes for a simple yet modern look.
5. Polka Dots: Don’t have fancy nail design tools? You can achieve this design by dipping the tip of a sharp pencil into your polish and dotting it on.
6. Top & Bottom: There doesn’t have to be any rhyme or reason with nail art; abstract is forever in style.
7. Matte Black: Spice up the typical matte nail with a glossy French tip.
8. Picasso-Inspired: Forget about museums being the only place to peep abstract art — you can get handy with black nail polish for a masterpiece in a mani.
9. Middle Lines: Make a transparent manicure look much more eye-catching with an even dash down the middle.
10. Silhouettes: Blobs of color or a silhouette? Have everyone wondering with this mani.
11. Modern French: Complete your typical French manicure and then give it some life with one waved line from corner to corner.
12. Pandas: At first glance, this design looks like random dots, but with a closer look you’ll realize they’re actually pandas.
13. Lashes: Any beauty-obsessed babe will appreciate this simple design inspired by lashes.
14. Brand Names: Be a bougie babe with your favorite designer written across your fingers.
15. Dotted Pattern: A unique pattern of dots can really turn up a basic nail look.
16. Constellations: If you’re into astronomy, you’ll be obsessed with the way these minimalistic constellation nails look.
Tweet us your favorite minimalist nail art @BritandCo!