18 Fashion Week Manicurists Who Legit Nailed It This Season
Incorporating runway trends into our daily lives can get tricky, but this season some of the most epic styles we spotted on the catwalk came in the form of nail art. Now, more than ever, designers are recruiting top manicurists to deck out digits. So before your next mani, check out the most in-demand nail artists who are dominating the industry. Their feeds are chock-full of inspo and A-list clientele to inspire your next appointment.
1. @nailsbymei: NYC-based Mei Kawajiri has become the fashion world’s most-imitated “nail sculptor.” Case in point, these crystal-embellished, monochromatic creations were worn on The Blonds runway.
2. @luxebytracylee: For Rodarte’s show, Tracy Lee used blinged-out “cuticle jewelry” that ranged from metallic polish and glitter to micro-sized chains that mirrored the collection.
3. @naominailsnyc: Graphic nails by Naomi Yasuda were front-and-center at Opening Ceremony. Designs included straight black lines coupled with a primary color palette.
4. @julieknailsnyc: “Mural nails” by Julie Kandalec complemented Tanya Taylor’s runway display. The whimsical style uses multicolored, wavy swipes on nude nail bases.
5. @geraldineholford: Nail artists went wild giving the classic French manicure some fashionable edge. Geraldine Holford applied silver foil tips over a light gray base to bring a bit of metallic madness.
6. @aliciatnails: Alicia Torella went for minimalist, geometric designs at fashion week this year. The nail maven painted abstract looks, from stripes at Dior to cubist creations for Christian Louboutin.
7. @mpnails: Monse’s models sported dipped, gradient manicures by Madeline Poole.
8. @ritaremark: Stripes, negative space, and monograms are three re-creatable nail art trends that Rita Remark revived for next season. Get ready to spot the “Monogrammed Letterman Jacket” nail trend on every A-lister.
9. @misspopnails: The NYC-based editorial nail artist known as Miss Pop made eye-catching looks for Jeremy Scott. Gigi Hadid walked the runway wearing this orange hue with glitter galore.
10. @jinsoonchoi: For Tibi’s show, Jin Soon Choi painted diagonal stripes on bare accent nails. Her cool-girl aesthetic used natural-looking base coats to add modern stripes to Vera Wang’s presentation as well.
11. @deborahlippmann: Nude nails at Badgley Mischka continued to dominate our feeds with the help of Deborah Lippmann and her eponymous line. The legend also debuted a brand new shade of gray this year, made in collaboration with Jason Wu.
12. @naomigonzaleznails: This fab, burgundy-hued pigment chosen by Naomi Gonzalez for Sachin + Babi is about to be everywhere this spring.
13. @pattieyankee: Pattie Yankee’s rose gold base coats coupled with minimal cuticles lent a futuristic feel to Francesca Liberatore’s print-filled collection. Who doesn’t love sparkly, metallic manis?
14. @_michellesaunders: This nail artist created geometric designs for Rebecca Minkoff in dark metallic shades that are sure to be copied. Michelle Saunders dubbed the avant-garde aesthetic “girly grunge.”
15. @hollyfalconenails: NYC/LA-based Holly Falcone unveiled the next generation of the French mani. Exposed cuticle half-moons and metallic silver tips are almost too chic to handle.
16. @nailsinhd: CND’s HBIC, Heather Reynosa, brought out the most OTT trend of the year for Libertine. These sculptural works of art push the limit for 3D nail design.
17. @youngnails: The line Young Nails was worn at the Fenty X Puma show, as seen here on model Adrianna Lima. Hot pink is officially here to stay.
18. @imarninnails: Major nail goals are happening on Imarni Nails’ IG page. It’s totes worth a follow for fashion-friendly nail-spiration.
Looking for even more nail art inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!