41 Mocs That Rock
When it comes to footwear, nothing was more ubiquitous at Coachella than moccasins. As trendy as they are today, these shoes are far from a fickle fad— they surged into popularity in the 1960s and have managed to stay in style ever since. Festival season has only just begun, so we still have plenty of time to break out our most magnificent mocs. Some of these pairs belong in a Great Plains museum, but most of them belong on our feet… like, yesterday. Let’s kick these kicks up a notch!
2. Annabel Moccasins ($115): Anthropologie strikes with a unique, but super wearable black and white shoe.
3. Frye Reagan Campus Driving Moccasins ($147): Moccasins are one shoe style where blue suede doesn’t just work, it really works.
4. House of Harlow Mallory Moccasin ($250): Boho queen Nicole Richie is responsible for these gorgeous things. Of course.
5. Pendleton Blanket Moccasin Slippers ($110): You know that time you were laying on the couch wishing they made shoes out of blankets? They do.
6. Thunderbird II ($43): Minnetonka is basically the king of moccasin makers. And here they’ve taken their classic Thunderbird design and given it a quick color update which we totally are on board with.
7. Prada Tribal Stitch Moccasin ($830): Yup, even Prada makes moccasins. Very expensive moccasins.
8. Manitobah Mukluks Paddle Grain Bootie Moccasin ($109): If moccasins were people, they’d definitely be Muppets, right?
9. Kilty With Colored Sole and Lace ($43): Because sometimes you just need a subtle pop of color to help your friend find you in the festival crowds.
11. Minnetonka Women’s Thunderbird Softsole Moccasin ($44): Don’t listen to the rest of them. Wear white before, after and during Labor Day.
12. Beaded Plains Indian Moccasins ($665): These define the real deal.
13. Silver Beaded Moccasins ($30): Like a BeDazzling accident gone horribly, horribly right.
15. Woven Moccasin Loafers ($28): Can’t argue with vintage.
16. Steve Madden Teana Moccasins ($59): So that’s what happened to Bill Cosby’s old sweaters…
17. Full Leopard Moc ($66): Animal print slippers are exactly what you need for a hard day dancing in front of your favorite band.
18. Geometric Moccasins: While we wish the image quality was better and while we couldn’t find the tutorial for these beauties, we’re thinking if you get out your Sharpies, the rest will just fall into place. (via Mara Hoffman)
19. Cowgirl Zodiac Painted Moccasins ($25): Hand-painted horsies might not be for everyone, but we don’t curr. We’re wild about them.
20. Matt Bernson Moccasin Flats ($165): How many colors do these come in? ‘Cause we’re gonna need all of them.
22. Minnetonka Studded Moccasins ($45): Studs give a bit of an edge to an otherwise classic shoe.
23. Norbert Kohlruss Quilled Moccasins: These are late-1800s moccasins complete with a gorgeous quilt design of porcupine quills and elk tendons. So rad!
24. UGG Ansley Slippers ($100): Even if you’re over ye olde UGG boots, these soft Aussie indoor moccasins will win you over.
25. BN Leopard Print Mocs ($25): Heaven is a place where leopard print and adorable bows live on everything.
26. Manitobah Mukluks Paddle Grain Moccasin ($140): More fringe, please!
27. Pink And Blue Vintage Mocs ($39): Your mom was probably kicking these in 1985, but they’re back and she might let you borrow them if you ask nicely.
28. Hot Pink Mocs ($95): Over here, we’ve never been shy about color. Neither have these shoes.
29. Giuseppe Zanotti Swarovski Studded Moccasins ($968): Hey, fancy festival goers of the world. These are for you. We’re hoping you have VIP access. These are not to be trampled on.
31. Customized Moccasins: If buying moccasins that everyone else has access to just won’t do, go to the fabric store, buy whatever catches your eyes and get to customizing those kicks. (via Petit Pot)
33. Joie Aliso Beaded Moccasin ($225): The colorful beading jazzes up a classic, but modern moc.
34. ’70s Fringe Moccasins ($48): Not sure what we love more — the thunderbird beading or the fact that these sorta look like Keds.
35. Hearth & Home Moccasins ($298): Designer Rose Choules is on point with these cozy, bright kicks.
36. Car Shoe ($440): If you haven’t heard by now, white on white is currently all the rage. Studs are always all the rage.
37. Coach Antonia Slippers ($77): Shearling fleece surely beats walking around barefoot.
38. Hibiscus Suede ($310): These beautiful booties might be too pretty to wear. Okay, “might” is the key word here.
41. Vans X Seea Mohikan Moccasins ($70): Gold leafed mocs?!?!? Mama wants.
What’s your favorite fringed footwear? Let us know in the comments!