The festival grounds are almost as gawk-able as the red carpet—they’re full of cool girls with an effortlessly awesome sense of style. But the breezy boho chic look is easier to pull off than they may lead on, and it starts with a simple hair accessory: the headband. Worn ‘round your forehead like a ‘70s wild child, these 16 headbands ensure you’re on the fast track to It girl style status this festival season. So rave on!
1. Deepa Gurnani Bright Lights Headwrap ($28): Colorful gemstones pop from this circular headwrap trimmed with tiny seed beads. It’s the perfect accessory for second day hair.
2. Leather Tie-On Headpiece in Aztec Print ($32): Aztec patterned fabric gives a festive pop to this leather tie-on headpiece. That rich vintage trim is to die for.
3. Braided Bead Strappy Headwrap ($20): As far as your festival get up goes, you just can’t go wrong with neon. Metallic beads sit pretty on silky orange thread—mimic the weave in the headband with a braided ‘do of your own.
4. DIY Leather Feather Headband: The second we saw soft gold leather for sale, we pounced on it, and for good reason: the lavish material looks ultra luxe as this feather headband. Print the template in our tutorial to get the exact look. (via Brit + Co.)
5. Tribal Woven Headband ($12): An ombre chevron headband! Yeah, we’d rock this beauty around our forehead at any festival this season, and maybe even to work worn old school style.
6. Golden Leaf Beaded Turban ($38): We’re straight up swooning over this super chic turban that’s beaded to perfection. That marigold color doesn’t hurt either!
7. Asos Seedbead Headband ($19): This wavy headband is the one to choose if you’re looking for multiple pops of color in one trendy accessory. The elastic strap ensures it will grip tightly to your wild locks.
8. Limited Edition Pom Headband ($23): It’s no secret we’re suckers for pom poms, so of course we fell for this headband at first sight. The mix of gem tones and neon colors—not to mention it’s size—makes this piece seriously eye-catching on the festival grounds.
11. Geo Woven Headwrap ($14): When all else fails, turn to geo print. While the color lover in us wishes this piece came in a more vibrant palette, the black and white design makes this headband super versatile.
12. DIY Golden Clay Leaves Headband: Turn clay leaves into luxe charms on this DIY headband. Golden wire creates the base of this stunning crown—just twist the edges under your hairstyle to secure. (via Dreaming Out Loud)
13. DIY Bead Embellished Headband: Itching to rock a pattern that’s a little more personalized? Create your own with seed beads! We’re totally taken with this Southwestern-inspired arrow and zig zag detail. (via A Bit of Sunshine)
14. DIY Glitter Feather Crown: Rock this gilded feather crown to any festival and we promise you’ll be the envy of every It girl. Take it up another notch by adding glitter to the tips—so dreamy! (via U La La)
15. Mixed Chains Goddess Headwrap ($18): Whoa, this chain headwrap is taking us back a few decades, and we’re totally okay with that. If you can’t rock a ‘90s classic on the festival grounds, then where could you?
16. DIY Hanging Chains Headband: Who needs highlights when you can amp up your locks with metallic chain? ;) Just add thin strands of chain to a pronged headband to get this cool girl look. (via …love Maegan)
17. Moonbeam Embellished Headband ($18): Keep it chic on the festival grounds with this black and gold beaded headband. We love how this piece looks over loose curls.
18. Asos Double Seedbead Headband ($15): This double strand headband boasts three of our fave details: neon, stripes, and gold trim. It’s a must-have in our eyes.
BONUS Asos Feather & Charms Hair Grip ($15): Headband it is not, but this feather and charm hair grip might the the most quintessential festival hair accessory out there. Wrap it through your braid like you see here, or match it up PIC-style with one of our must-have headbands above!