14 Chokers That Won’t Make You Look Like a ’90s It Girl
Okay, not saying that it wouldn’t be rad to look like Liv Tyler a la Empire Records (as if!), but we’re willing to bet that those tattoo chokers you bought from Delia’s way back when look about as dated no as sexy Rexy did on screen in 1995. On the other hand, these 14 chokers were all designed with the modern style maven in mind. Sure, it may sound like a daring comeback trend to tackle, but we promise this batch is cool, colorful, and cropped to chic perfection.
1. Kenneth Jay Lane Choker Necklace ($288): Tiny turquoise-hued beads add a perfect color contrast to this gold plated choker necklace. It would look stunning peaking under a buttoned up white collar.
2. AOKO SU Neck Cuff Necklace ($300): This tiered cuff necklace is beyond gorgeous. Even though its design is clean and minimal, the stacked style makes it ultra eye-catching. Way worth the splurge.
3. Asos Tassel Choker Necklace ($34): We have to admit, those canary yellow tassels realed us in, but the more we look at this choker, the more we totally want it. Since the base of the necklace is a knotted cord, this choker isn’t at all stiff, so the gold-toned tile beads fall naturally on your neckline. Swoon-worthy indeed.
4. Roseanna Pink Textured Tie Choker Necklace ($17): A knotted, hot pink mesh choker? We’re obsessed, and also completely bummed: this choker doesn’t ship to the US! Looks like we’ve got some DIY-ing to do…
5. Thanks Collar ($330): Made of solid sterling silver, this simple choker necklace will remain a relevant accessory way longer than most other trendy trinkets. We can’t think of an occasion in which you can’t rock this stunning piece.
6. Mother of Pearl Choker Necklace ($38): With iridescent, pearl-style panels and a soft scalloped edge, this might just be the choker we’ve been dreaming of. Laying low(er) on the neckline, it’s a go-to accessory for amping up your everyday outfit.
7. Majes Necklace ($45): We’re totally taken with the way the blue faux-leather is woven through a labyrinth of winding chain. This number is totally adjustable, so you can rock it choker-length one day or extend its chain the next—worn either way, it’s a winner.
8. Triangle Charm Choker Necklace ($25): We couldn’t write a choker roundup without going just a little goth :) The polished curved bars keep this necklace chic, while the triangle pendant is right on trend.
9. Asos Fine Seedbead Choker Necklace ($11): This layered seed bead choker is all kinds of cute. We’re smitten with the mix of orange and gold, though Asos sells this delicate piece in yellow and black, too.
10. Aurelie Bidermann Braided Silk Gold Necklace ($618): While we’re truly taken with this beautiful braided choker necklace (that mix of green, gold, and teal thread is right on!), we can in no way shovel out that much dough (yowza!). Good thing you can totally make your own copycat choker with our braided chain Brit Kit for just $25!
11. AOKO SU Lash Collar Necklace ($200): One word: YES. This super minimal goldtone collar is one serious head turner.
12. Priscilla Necklace ($448): Ohh! Pops of bright blue crystals and a bold geometric pendant, all on one shiny gold plated chain: this might be the prettiest choker we’ve seen yet.
13. Septum Collar ($90): We bet you didn’t know you needed a septum choker in your life, huh? Spiked ends give it some edge, while a rose gold finish keeps it feminine.
14. Peppercotton Princess Choker ($480): We just couldn’t pass up the wild mix of colors on this mesh and vintage crystal choker, complete with a contrast micro bib collar. Rave on!
What are your thoughts on the choker comeback? Are you happy to see ’90s trends rearing their rad heads in modern fashion? Tell us in the comments below.