What Fragrance to Buy, According to Your Fave Middle School Scent
Ahhh, the sweet smell of nostalgic beauty products. You know what we’re talking about: Those iconic, recognizable scents you used to spritz on back in the day. If you want to channel your middle-school glory days — but still feel like a grown up — find an adult version of your favorite #TBT fragrance. Read on for seven grown-up alternatives to your signature throwback scents.
1. If you loved Karl Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars, try Burberry Brit Sheer for Her Eau de Toilette ($95). The oh-so-classic Lagerfeld fragrance was loved for its fruity and floral scent. If you were a fan of its notes of pineapple, citrus, and peony, Burberry Brit Sheer for Her Eau de Toilette ($95) will give you a similar smell with a modern twist of bright yuzu.
2. If you loved Clinique Happy, try Hesperides Grapefruit Eau De Parfum ($50). Remember the freshly picked scent of this orange-capped perfume? Fruity grapefruit and slightly spicy bergamot made it a bold choice, so consider an adult version, like Fresh Hesperides Grapefruit Eau De Parfum ($50), that’s equally as head-turning, thanks to the addition of Italian lemon and rhubarb.
3. If you loved DKNY Be Delicious, try Hermès Un Jardin Sur Le Toit ($137). The refreshingly crisp smell of green apple made this classic scent a good pick for a first fragrance. Hermès Un Jardin Sur Le Toit ($137) will satisfy the same perfume fans because of apple, pear, and floral magnolia aromas.
4. If you loved Tommy Girl, try Maison Louis Marie Antidris Cassis Perfume Spray ($85). A rich, fruit-forward smell paired with a touch of musk made Tommy Girl a middle school must-have. Maison Louis Marie Antidris Cassis Perfume Spray ($85) hits the same notes, but adds zesty black pepper and earthy oakmoss to round it out.
5. If you loved Gap Dream, try NEST Citrine ($72). Misting on this iconic scent made you smell like freesia, orange blossom, and jasmine; it had a totally zen vibe. NEST Citrine ($72) will take you back due to the same blossom and citrus aromas. An herby kick gives it an updated spin that feels decidedly more adult.
6. If you loved Victoria’s Secret PINK, try Charm to Experience Mandarin Peony by Tulip ($21). The iconic juniper berry, peony, and bergamot aroma of this old-school favorite was instantly recognizable. An affordable, grown-up option is Charm to Experience Mandarin Peony by Tulip ($21) — the touch of rose completes the juicy, fruity smell.
7. If you loved Ralph by Ralph Lauren, try Pinrose Garden Gangster ($39). The balance of apple and mandarin with the intense flowery fragrance of boronia made this a former fragrance staple. Pinrose Garden Gangster ($39) is a mature version with a lively, perky bouquet.
Want more beautyinspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.