20 Modern Wedding Menu Ideas That Are Totally Unique
Your vows are written and you’ve chosen your dream dress, and perhaps most importantly — as far as your guests’ interests are concerned — you’ve finalized your wedding food. Now, how to get everyone wiping away the drool in anticipation? Whether you book a food truck, buffet style or a sit-down dinner, you want to let your guests look forward to filling their tummies with the delicious meal you’ve planned. These 20 modern wedding menus are all about displaying your meal in style. Dinner is served!
1. Double Duty: These menus from a Parisian-inspired wedding also double as your napkin. The thoughtful design is so pretty that you’ll be careful not to spill too much throughout your meal. (via Rylee Hitchner Photography / Style Me Pretty)
2. Leafy Greens: Go green (literally!) with this big leafy menu that looks as good as it sounds. Get yourself a top-notch calligrapher that can work magic. (via Alea Moore Photography / Camille Styles)
3. Up, Up and Away: Balloons are known to make every party better. These faux chalkboard menus are easy to make and totally awesome. Set up a balloon at each table and let the kids take them home at the end of the reception. (via The Merrythought)
4. Bar Menu: Display your custom signature drink loud and proud! Your bar menu will stand out on a stained piece of wood that you can DIY. After the wedding, mount it over your home bar cart to remember your special day in a unique way. (via Sposto Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
5. Bread Bag: Wrap up everyone’s favorite pre-meal snack with a menu that demands attention. Stash the baguette in a natural-colored paper bag and finish with twine. (via Mademoiselle Fiona / Style Me Pretty)
6. Jupiter and Juno Laser Cut Escort Names ($4): Make it personal with a laser-cut place card that will make your friends and family feel special. They can keep their name tag as a memento and thank you for attending your big day.
7. Pretty Peach: If your wedding has a theme, don’t be afraid to go all out! This sweet Southern event was full of details that truly made a memorable meal. (via Mikaela Marie Photography / Ruffled Blog)
8. Engaging Papers Heather Menu ($499, for 50): Let your guests have some fun as they unfold their menu one course at a time. You can create an intricate custom menu that folds compactly to fit on your modern tablescape.
11. Food Truck Menu: Just because you’re having an unconventional wedding dinner doesn’t mean that you can’t display a fun menu. This food truck option hits on all the necessities, including where to find the photo booth. Say cheese! (via Border Grill)
12. Bookworm: These library-inspired menus are perfectly on-trend! Display them on your plates for a fun throwback to the days you got lost in the stacks searching for your favorite romance novel. (via La Happy / Seattle Bride)
13. Brooklyn Peach Co. Round Wedding Menu ($22): With a menu that fits like a puzzle piece to your plate, the sophisticated style can’t be matched. The elegance of the calligraphy easily blends in with the modern theme for a picture-perfect place setting.
14. Wooden Menu: Display your menu on each table for your guests to gaze at as they sip their Champagne. You’ll have their mouths watering in anticipation of what’s to come. (via Little Josh Productions / Style Me Pretty)
17. Homespun Menu: Having your menu printed on handmade paper gives your event a classic touch. It’s easy to achieve yourself by weathering the edges of purchased stationery. Pair it with a linen napkin and voila! (via Brown Linen Design)
18. Cootie Catcher: Remember these!? Turn your menu into a fun game with your friends and family that will bring old memories flooding back. The design will be the talk of the meal… that is, until the toasts get started. (via Julie Cummins / Wedding Online)
19. DIY Botanic Perspex Menu: Whether you’re entertaining several hundred guests or several dozens, this fab menu is the perfect, simple DIY project for your celebration. It is sure to stand out against a simple setting. (via Nouba / Lenzo)
20. Menu Choices: When giving a choice of entree, make it easy for the servers to find which meal goes where. These cute cards can be displayed in front of each guest for a super smooth dinner service. (via Merchant Paper Design / Seattle Bride)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.