14 Even MORE Make-Ahead Camping Recipes
Planning a camping trip? If you’re new to the game, remember that fireside nosh goes WAY beyond s’mores and hot dogs. You need substantial food that’s going to fuel you, and that can take some planning! But don’t fret. Snacks like energizing bliss balls and hearty camping meals are easy to prep and lug with you. If you loved our original make-ahead camping recipes, consider these 14 additions before your next trip.
1. Make-Ahead Chicken Wild Rice Casserole: Bring comfort food to the trailer with this creamy and dreamy make-ahead casserole filled with chicken, nutty wild rice, and veggies galore. (via Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish)
2. Sausage and Veggie Grill Packets: An abundance of summer produce is chopped up and thrown into a foil packet with tender sausage and garlic for a fuss-free dinner that’s perfect for campground grilling. (via The View from Great Island)
4. Freezer Mini Pizzas: Whether you’re heating them up for lunch or a mid-afternoon snack, these veg-packed mini pizzas will hit the spot and give the fam the energy they need to hike those trails. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
5. Sweet Potato Chili With Black Beans and Chocolate: Make a batch of this cozy stuff and heat it over the campfire for a hearty meal full of sweet potatoes, hearty beans, tomatoes, spices, and a smidgen of chocolate — because why the heck not. (via The Seasoned Vegetable)
6. Quinoa Lasagna-Stuffed Peppers: Make ’em, stuff ’em, cook ’em, and transport ’em! These make-ahead peppers are brimming with cheesy quinoa goodness for a healthified version of lasagna you can dig into for days. (via The Girl on Bloor)
7. Cheesy Grilled Potatoes With Bacon: If you pile a bunch of hearty potatoes, cheese, and salty bacon into a foil packet, magic happens. This makes for a fab snack, but you can easily turn it into a campfire meal by adding chicken and veggies. (via The Recipe Rebel)
8. Grilled Italian Stuffed Sandwich Loaf: With an assortment of meats, veggies, and cheese, these packable ‘wiches are a cinch to prep. Just throw them on the grill when you’re ready and enjoy tender meaty meltiness. (via Neighborfood)
10. Veggie-Packed Southwestern Meatloaf: Crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, this veggie-centric meatloaf allows you to bring good homecookin’ straight to the campground. (via Bowl of Delicious)
11. Spicy Shrimp and Corn Salad With Lime Vinaigrette: Juicy Cajun-spiced shrimp is tossed with tomatoes and sweet corn in a zesty lime dressing. This glorious salad can be served warm or chilled. (via The Right Recipe)
13. Vegetarian Chili With Anasazi Beans: A big pot of fire-roasted tomatoes, kidney beans, and Anasazi beans will fill you up and make you feel good, no matter *what* you have planned for your weekend outdoors. (via The Seasoned Vegetable)
14. Chicken Tuscan Pasta Bake: This robust pasta bake is full of tender chicken, kale, wholesome veggies, and ooey gooey cheese. It’s easy to prep in advance and you can freeze it until you need it. (via Rachel Cooks)
For more camping food inspo, follow us on Pinterest.