Morning Buzz! Beyoncé Has Released a Whole Pregnancy Photo Album and You Won’t Be Able to Look Away + More
Beyoncé’s maternity shoot and backwards-hat Obama are just two of the top news stories we’re bringing you this morning. Read on to check those and more out below!
1. Beyoncé pretty much shut the internet down yesterday when she announced on Instagram that she was expecting twins. The pic became the most liked Instagram post of all time, shattering Selena Gomez’s previous record, and today, she’s updated her website to give us SO MANY MORE PICS from the shoot. Or many shoots? Guys, there are a LOT of photos and a LOT to process here. Underwater mermaid shots, like in the video in the tweet above, pics with Blue Ivy, pretty much fully naked full-body shots — it’s quite something. Check them all out here (just keep scrolling — you’ll see them eventually).
2. Chrissy Teigen made her post-baby-body return to Sports Illustrated and picked right up where she left off! This was taken just MONTHS after having baby Luna, according to the caption. Chrissy has been very candid about the changes her body went through post-pregnancy, and it’s amazing to see her truly embrace it all (of course, looking like this probably makes that way easier!).
3. The Bachelor‘s Ben Higgins finally addresses rumors that him and Lauren have split. Ben and Lauren have definitely experienced some ups and downs in their post-Bachelor romance, but no one seemed too sure on where they actually stood. Ben squashed the rumors of a split with an ADORABLE Instagram of the two getting super cozy on a beach. “No need to respond often to rumors or ‘fake news,’ but the feeling I have in this picture is the same feeling I have for this girl today,” he wrote. “We have entered into a world where rumors will exist we know that, but just know as @laurenbushnell celebrates her birthday tomorrow I am still extremely lucky to be able to share life with her and be by her side.” Guess that solves that!
4. Everyone is obsessed with backwards-hat Barack Obama. Same, TBH. The Obamas have been vacationing with Richard Branson on the British Virgin Islands, and recent snaps published by TMZ show a scene that looks pretty relaxed. Former President Obama is seen wearing a baseball cap backwards and in flip-flops, and people cannot even over it. “Obama’s on vacation with the hat backwards,” one tweet reads. “He’s never coming back.”
5. A Boston Marathon bombing survivor and the firefighter who saved her are getting MARRIED. In April 2013, Roseann Sdoia was in Boston to cheer near the marathon finish line when pressure-cooker bombs went off. Firefighter Mike Materia not only helped in her rescue, but came back to check in on her during her recovery in the hospital. It was Rosann’s mother who tried to play matchmaker for her daughter, though it took a while for her daughter to get past the shock of what had happened and develop a friendship and eventually go out with him, and now they plan to wed in the fall. BAWLING. (h/t New York Post)
6. Quote of the day: “I don’t overanalyze. I just write from the heart, post it, and hope for the best. Then I move on.” Ruby Rose dishes on her social media strategy in the new issue of Cosmo.
Do you overthink what you post on social media, or are you more impulsive? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Ezra Shaw/Getty)