Morning Buzz! Beyoncé SLAYED With This Powerful Surprise BET Performance + More
The BET Awards delivered huge and Pride celebrations will give you serious #squadgoals, plus more stories making some buzz this morning!
1. Beyoncé prefers to keep things a surprise these days. Rumors swirled leading up to last night’s BET Awards that Bey might perform even though she wasn’t scheduled to, and when some of her backup dancers were seen on the red carpet, the hive started buzzing. As soon as the show kicked off, it was confirmed: Along with Kendrick Lamar, Bey delivered a fiery version of “Freedom,” barefoot and engulfed in smoke. With the stunning Prince tributes from Jennifer Hudson (QUEEN) and Janelle Monáe, among others, it was one of the best awards shows of the year. Watch Bey and Kendrick’s full performance here.
2. The OITNB cast celebrated Pride weekend in NYC together and it looked magical. Pride festivities around the world this weekend felt more charged and full of love than ever in the wake of the Orlando tragedy. A London police officer took over headlines this weekend when he proposed to his boyfriend during the Pride parade (he said yes, btw!), and in NYC the cast of OITNB celebrated as a proud pack, wearing some of the Parade’s absolute bestaccessories. 2016’s coolest squad, right here.
3. Keith Urban’s on-stage anniversary tribute for wife Nicole Kidman on their 10th anniversary is AMAZING. OMG, these two lovebirds. At a recent tour stop in Boston, Keith Urban dedicated a whole segment of his show to Nicole, who couldn’t be there because of a last-minute filming schedule change that kept her in Australia. He shared stories, photos and videos from their relationship, and even FaceTimed her at one point. Fans in the front row even made signs to help the happy couple celebrate.
4. The new Star Trek Beyond trailer features an EPIC song from Rihanna. The third trailer for the upcoming Star Trek movie was released today, and this might be the best one yet because of the slice of Rihanna’s “Sledgehammer” we get to hear. Will this be her “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”?! Time will tell.
5. This field is the workweek ahead of a holiday weekend and the dog is all of us. We will embrace it, and we will defeat it.
6. Quote of the day: “I lived fast and I was going to die young. I didn’t think I would make it to 21.” Demi Lovato, from her candid and moving piece on her addiction and eating disorder battles.
What is your #MondayMotivation this morning? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @beyonce)