Morning Buzz! Beyoncé SLAYED With This Powerful Surprise BET Performance + More
The BET Awards delivered huge and Pride celebrations will give you serious #squadgoals, plus more stories making some buzz this morning!
1. Beyoncé prefers to keep things a surprise these days. Rumors swirled leading up to last night’s BET Awards that Bey might perform even though she wasn’t scheduled to, and when some of her backup dancers were seen on the red carpet, the hive started buzzing. As soon as the show kicked off, it was confirmed: Along with Kendrick Lamar, Bey delivered a fiery version of “Freedom,” barefoot and engulfed in smoke. With the stunning Prince tributes from Jennifer Hudson (QUEEN) and Janelle Monáe, among others, it was one of the best awards shows of the year. Watch Bey and Kendrick’s full performance here.
— Orange Is the New… (@OITNB) June 26, 2016
2. The OITNB cast celebrated Pride weekend in NYC together and it looked magical. Pride festivities around the world this weekend felt more charged and full of love than ever in the wake of the Orlando tragedy. A London police officer took over headlines this weekend when he proposed to his boyfriend during the Pride parade (he said yes, btw!), and in NYC the cast of OITNB celebrated as a proud pack, wearing some of the Parade’s absolute bestaccessories. 2016’s coolest squad, right here.
— Tami Rich, MBA (@bostonheartmom) June 26, 2016
3. Keith Urban’s on-stage anniversary tribute for wife Nicole Kidman on their 10th anniversary is AMAZING. OMG, these two lovebirds. At a recent tour stop in Boston, Keith Urban dedicated a whole segment of his show to Nicole, who couldn’t be there because of a last-minute filming schedule change that kept her in Australia. He shared stories, photos and videos from their relationship, and even FaceTimed her at one point. Fans in the front row even made signs to help the happy couple celebrate.
4. The new Star Trek Beyond trailer features an EPIC song from Rihanna. The third trailer for the upcoming Star Trek movie was released today, and this might be the best one yet because of the slice of Rihanna’s “Sledgehammer” we get to hear. Will this be her “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”?! Time will tell.
5. This field is the workweek ahead of a holiday weekend and the dog is all of us. We will embrace it, and we will defeat it.
6. Quote of the day: “I lived fast and I was going to die young. I didn’t think I would make it to 21.” Demi Lovato, from her candid and moving piece on her addiction and eating disorder battles.
What is your #MondayMotivation this morning? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @beyonce)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)