Morning Buzz! Channing and Jenna Dewan Tatum’s Anniversary Love Notes Will Make You Swoon + More
Happy Tuesday morning, y’all! From an overdose of feels to some kids saying the darndest things, here are six of today’s buzziest news items for you to check out.
1. Channing and Jenna Dewan Tatum celebrated their seventh wedding anniversary yesterday, and in case you didn’t already know it from their recent perfect family holiday and, well, literally everything they say and do, these two are sooo in love it’s at once nauseating and total #relationshipgoals. Posting a romantic silhouetted photo of Jenna, Channing wrote, “This woman, 11 years together, 7 married. Happy anniversary Cake. Thank you baby I love you.” And of course had to cap it off with the perfect punctuation of, “Plus you look daaaaaaaaanmm!!!” We forgive the typo on that one, Channing, just ’cause you’re so sweet. Jenna, meanwhile, posted a simple collage of black and white photo booth pics of them mugging all cute, with little red hearts drawn all over. “7 years,” the caption read, with the heart emoji. More like INFINITE heart emojis!
2. Hannah Davis’ Vera Wang wedding dress(es) are a traditionalist’s dream. Um, yeah, that’s right, two dresses. Because why not? Sports Illustrated model Hannah Davis married her longtime boyfriend Derek Jeter in Napa Valley this weekend, and now the official Vera Wang Instagram account is giving us a look at the sketches of her custom-made ceremony and reception gowns. For the ceremony, Hannah wore a traditional silhouetted mermaid gown with a sweetheart neckline, tulle halter high neck and plunging back. The gown, the caption says, was covered in layers of tulle and hand appliquéd Chantilly lace. And for the reception, the look was a V-neck charmeuse halter gown with midriff-showing tulle detailing at the waist and a double silk georgette A-line skirt accentuated by side godets. While these sketches are beautiful, we will not rest until we see Hannah in the real deal.
3. Taylor Swift’s latest accomplishment is reason enough to put Hiddleswift aside for just a moment. Look, we love Hiddleswift as much as (or maybe more!) than the next person — the over-the-top PDAs, the conspiracies, all of it. But Taylor was just revealed to be Forbes‘ top-earning celebrity of 2016, raking in $170 million and reminding us all that she is a rare talent, a powerful cultural force and a G-D workhorse before she’s a paparazzi target. YOU GO, TAY. (Photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)
4. Your inner child will not even be able to handle Lego’s new Cinderella Castle set. Disney obsessives, stand up — Lego just unveiled an epic 4,000 piece set modeled after the iconic Cinderella Castle that you can’t miss from inside Disney World, and the detail on this thing will have you drooling. Painstaking detail has been paid to the exterior AND interior, which makes it the perfect place to situate the five Disney figures it comes with, including Donald and Daisy, Minnie and Mickey and Tinkerbell. At $350 a pop, it’s… well, it’s totally worth it, TBH. (Photo via Lego)
5. This baby elephant splashing awkwardly in a tiny pool is basically all of us during a summer heatwave. Stay cool out there!
6. Quote of the day: “That’s up for question.” Kim Kardashian PERFECTLY responds to her friend’s kid asking her how she’s famous. It goes just perfectly with the very boss #NotBadForAGirlWithNoTalent hashtag she’s been using to promote her current Forbes cover.
How do you respond to critics who say Kim is famous for no reason? Tweet us at @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Angela Weiss/Getty)