Morning Buzz! Channing and Jenna Dewan Tatum’s Cute Throwbacks for Step Up’s 10-Year Anniversary Will Give You LIFE + More
TGIF, y’all! From the most epic throwback ever to a heartwarming Olympics win, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. It’s hard to believe it’s been 10 years since Step Up was released, and no one’s having a harder time believing it than its star Jenna Dewan Tatum. Her and hubby Channing met on the set of the movie and celebrated 11 years together (seven married) this past spring. “#tbt to on set of Step Up,” she captioned a photo of her sitting on her future husband’s lap. “I cannot believe it’s the 10 year anniversary of the release today!! Ahhhh where does the time go?? Love you all and thanks for all the love all these years.” As if this slice of adorableness wasn’t enough, the couple gave us a nostalgia overload by recreating the rooftop scene. No shocker here: They’ve still got it.
2. Bar Refaeli welcomes her first child! It’s a girl for Bar and husband Adi Ezra, who, according to the Jerusalem Post, brought little Liv into the world just yesterday. Just a week ago, the model was urging the little bundle to hurry up already, writing on an Instagram pic that showed her lounging in the pool in a bikini, “You can come out now. I’m ready. And heavy.” Congrats to all!
3. This Olympic gold medalist can’t even get Drake tickets. Last night, 16-year-old (!!!) Penny Oleksiak from Canada and 20-year-old Simone Manuel from the US tied for first place in the 100-meter freestyle, an historic win for both women and their countries. On Wednesday, Penny tweeted that her and swimming teammate Kylie Masse couldn’t get tickets to Drake’s upcoming Toronto show, but as soon as she won the gold, Twitter had her back, with the hashtag #GetPennyDrakeTickets flooding timelines. It turns out though that, after she initially tried to get some, her coach sent a pic and the situation to Drake, and she did get them. Maybe the win will get her a seat upgrade. (h/t Toronto Star)
4. Ready for more ’90s nostalgia? Rocko’s Modern Life is coming back. The cult NickToon show about an Australian wallaby moving to the US with his dog Spunky (no, we’re not making that up) will be back for a brand new one-hour TV movie with a date yet to be announced. More retro cartoon reboots, please!
It's all about the confidence! #music #singing
Posted by Kyoot Kids on Thursday, August 11, 2016
5. Let this little girl who couldn’t remember the words so just sang louder be a TGIF inspiration to us all. You got this!
6. Quote of the day: “I’m not the next Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps. I’m the first Simone Biles.” Everyone’s new hero Simone sets her own bar very, very high. (via Sporting News)
What are your weekend plans? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @jennaldewan)