Morning Buzz! Hailey Baldwin Chops Off Her Long Locks to Give Us Major Fall Inspo + More
From a fresh fall lob to more evidence of Britney being back, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. She may be known for flowing long blonde waves, but Hailey Baldwin isn’t afraid of a little change. In a pair of new Instagram posts, the model debuted her fresh new lob, just in time for those back-to-school vibes that are always in the air this time of year whether you’re a student or not.
— Al Jazeera News (@AJENews) August 24, 2016
2. Here’s how you can help the victims of the devastating Italy earthquake. A 6.2 magnitude quake hit central Italy last night, with a death toll as high as 45 at this time. First responders and civilians are currently prioritizing those who are alive and need to be rescued, and if you would like to donate to Red Cross recovery efforts, you can do so here.
3. Bella Thorne came out as bisexual in a very NBD way via Twitter. Bella and her ex-bf Gregg Sulkin split amicably just a few weeks ago, and a Snapchat this past weekend that showed Bella kissing another woman had her fans questioning whether or not she also dated women. In a Twitter Q&A last night, a fan asked “Are you bisexual?” to which Bella very candidly replied with a simple “Yes.” She later tweeted “Aww thank you for all the accepting tweets from everyone. I love you guys.”
4. If this teaser is any indication, Britney Spears’ Carpool Karaoke is going to be epic. In the clip, Brit and James slay the classic hit “Toxic,” and also have a lovely chat about her kids. We can’t wait for this one.
View this post on Instagram
Finally my big head is used for more than just a place to hang my hat.😉 The joys of being home w/ my ohana and playin' one of our fav games - slap daddy's head 'til I can see his big scary face. Song playing in the background is "O Tiare" (Justin Young). A song I started singing to her every day since she was one week old. Samoan lyrics are beautiful, "Ia alofa le Atua, ma tausi ia te 'oe..." which translates to "may God take loving care of you". When Jasmine learns to talk, I'm sure she'll ask me to please stop singing😂. I must now go do something very manly and bad ass to counterbalance this post. #Ohana #Aiga #Grateful #SlapDaddysHeadCauseItsABigToy
A post shared by therock (@therock) on
5. If this video of The Rock playing with his wee infant daughter doesn’t make you melt, you might not be human. “Finally my big head is used for more than just a place to hang my hat,” The Rock wrote on his Instagram caption. “The joys of being home w/ my Ohana and playin’ one of our fav games — slap daddy’s head ’til I can see his big scary face.”
6. Quote of the day: “Do, or do not, there is no try.” Let Yoda’s wise words guide you on this #WisdomWednesday.
What words of wisdom are getting you through this #WisdomWednesday Hump Day? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via @haileybaldwin)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.