Morning Buzz! Hailey Baldwin Chops Off Her Long Locks to Give Us Major Fall Inspo + More
From a fresh fall lob to more evidence of Britney being back, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. She may be known for flowing long blonde waves, but Hailey Baldwin isn’t afraid of a little change. In a pair of new Instagram posts, the model debuted her fresh new lob, just in time for those back-to-school vibes that are always in the air this time of year whether you’re a student or not.
— Al Jazeera News (@AJENews) August 24, 2016
2. Here’s how you can help the victims of the devastating Italy earthquake. A 6.2 magnitude quake hit central Italy last night, with a death toll as high as 45 at this time. First responders and civilians are currently prioritizing those who are alive and need to be rescued, and if you would like to donate to Red Cross recovery efforts, you can do so here.
3. Bella Thorne came out as bisexual in a very NBD way via Twitter. Bella and her ex-bf Gregg Sulkin split amicably just a few weeks ago, and a Snapchat this past weekend that showed Bella kissing another woman had her fans questioning whether or not she also dated women. In a Twitter Q&A last night, a fan asked “Are you bisexual?” to which Bella very candidly replied with a simple “Yes.” She later tweeted “Aww thank you for all the accepting tweets from everyone. I love you guys.”
4. If this teaser is any indication, Britney Spears’ Carpool Karaoke is going to be epic. In the clip, Brit and James slay the classic hit “Toxic,” and also have a lovely chat about her kids. We can’t wait for this one.
View this post on Instagram
Finally my big head is used for more than just a place to hang my hat.😉 The joys of being home w/ my ohana and playin' one of our fav games - slap daddy's head 'til I can see his big scary face. Song playing in the background is "O Tiare" (Justin Young). A song I started singing to her every day since she was one week old. Samoan lyrics are beautiful, "Ia alofa le Atua, ma tausi ia te 'oe..." which translates to "may God take loving care of you". When Jasmine learns to talk, I'm sure she'll ask me to please stop singing😂. I must now go do something very manly and bad ass to counterbalance this post. #Ohana #Aiga #Grateful #SlapDaddysHeadCauseItsABigToy
A post shared by therock (@therock) on
5. If this video of The Rock playing with his wee infant daughter doesn’t make you melt, you might not be human. “Finally my big head is used for more than just a place to hang my hat,” The Rock wrote on his Instagram caption. “The joys of being home w/ my Ohana and playin’ one of our fav games — slap daddy’s head ’til I can see his big scary face.”
6. Quote of the day: “Do, or do not, there is no try.” Let Yoda’s wise words guide you on this #WisdomWednesday.
What words of wisdom are getting you through this #WisdomWednesday Hump Day? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via @haileybaldwin)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.