Tuesday’s Buzziest news items include happy baby news, sketchy speech shenanigans and more. Check them out below!
1. Congrats to first-time parents-to-be Alison Pill and husband Joshua Leonard! “This is happening … Baby lady 2016,” the The Newsroom actress wrote on Instagram, surely starting a new baby name trend with #babylady. Hubby Joshua shared the same happy pic on his own Instagram, writing, “Pssst … Coming this November … It’s a girl!” The two got married just over a year ago (you might remember Alison’s stunning non-traditional wedding dress color choice). Congrats to the adorable couple!
2. Mila Kunis just debuted a sassy shorter hairstyle. Though we’re used to seeing the Bad Moms star with longer locks, Mila attended her new movie’s premiere last night with a brand new bob styled in 1920s-looking waves. It was the perfect look to go with her floral-detailed jumper, which dressed her growing baby bump perfectly. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
3. Damian from Mean Girls has the BEST engagement story ever! Daniel Franzese, best known as Janis Ian’s “too gay to function” best friend Damian from the 2004 classic, is marrying boyfriend Joseph Bradley Phillips, People reports. The pair first met at a North Hollywood Starbucks, and so Daniel popped the question in the same spot, getting the baristas in on the action. When Joseph was handed his drink, it said “Mr. & Mr. Franzese” on the cup, and that’s when Daniel got down on one knee. “Finding my soulmate has made all the years I struggled with myself worth it,” Daniel told People, and no, YOU’RE crying!! Congrats to the happy couple! (h/t People)
4. The Taylor Swift/Kim Kardashian drama just took a really weird turn. Director Joseph Khan, who worked with Taylor on a number of her music videos, was vocally supporting the singer on Twitter yesterday, even likening her to Nicole Brown Simpson — the woman Kim’s father’s best friend OJ Simpson was accused (and acquitted) of murdering. (Robert Kardashian was part of OJ’s legal team). He went on to say that he doesn’t need to work with anyone in the industry but chooses to work with Taylor because she’s a “a rainbow in a swamp,” and used the tired old “famous for nothing” criticism of Kim. YIKES!
5. Did Melania Trump copy her Republican National Convention speech from Michelle Obama? Donald Trump’s wife, on the first night of the RNC, gave a standing-ovation-earning speech about her husband and his campaign, and while some of it also reflected her personal journey of becoming a US citizen, people noticed that some more of it sounded pretty similar to Michelle Obama’s speech from the 2008 Democratic Convention.
6. Quote of the day: “I leave Twitter tonight with tears and a very sad heart. All this cause I did a movie. You can hate the movie but the s**t I got today…wrong.” Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones after enduring hateful and abusive comments flooding her mentions. Leslie went on a retweeting spree to expose these trolls for the cowards they are before signing off for a break.
Have you ever had to face online bullying? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)