Morning Buzz! Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck Have Officially Filed For Divorce + More
Ben and Jen make their split official and Katy Perry isn’t done throwing shade at Taylor Swift in this Good Friday edition of Morning Buzz. Check those and more of this morning’s top news stories out below.
1. Welp, it’s over. After 10 years of marriage and a long separation (and what looked like a potential reconciliation), Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have officially filed for divorce. We don’t doubt that the pair will continue to co-parent their children together and support one another as they have since their separation. (h/t Buzzfeed, photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Double surprise! New Girl’s Hannah Simone secretly got married and now she’s expecting! Simone married photographer Jesse Giddings in a low-key ceremony in July 2016, according to US Weekly, and the couple are expecting their first child together. While we don’t have any details or pics, safe to say we’ll be looking out for any upcoming baby news. Congrats to the happy couple! (Photo via Jemal Countess/Getty)
3. Harry Styles has revealed the track list and release date of his new album. After hearing Styles’ first solo single “Sign of the Times,” we’ve been anxious for more new music. While we can expect to hear some on his upcoming SNL performance, we now also have an album release date to look forward to: The self-titled record will be released May 12, 2017. *Creates event in calendar*
4. The United Airlines pilots have released a damning statement about the passenger getting dragged off. United pilots are said to be “infuriated” by the event earlier this week that saw a passenger being dragged off of an overbooked United flight. “The safety and well-being of our passengers is the highest priority for United pilots, and this should not have escalated into a violent encounter,” United Master Executive Council, the union representing United’s pilots, said in a letter. It also tries once again to shift the blame away from United, stating that the incident happened on “on one of our contracted Express carriers, separately owned and operated by Republic Airline,” and that the altercation was initiated by the Chicago Department of Aviation — not United. (h/t Business Insider, photo via Justin Sullivan/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
This beautiful spring weather calls for crushed ice cocktails like our Sookie's Mix- reposado tequila, rum, house Thai curry, orange and lime-debuting tonight on our Gilmore Girls themed cocktail menu! 🌶🏵👅#curry #spicycocktails #gilmoregirls #sookie
A post shared by Grand Army (@grandarmybar) on
5. This Brooklyn Bar has a full Gilmore Girls cocktail menu. Repeat: Gilmore Girls cocktails! Grand Army, a bar in Brooklyn’s Boerum Hill, serves up 12 amazing-looking drinks with names like The Dragonfly Inn, Hep Alien, Late Night at Luke’s, Sookie’s Mix (seen above) and more. We want to go there. (h/t Grubstreet)
6. Quote of the day: “I don’t think you have to shout it from the rooftops, but I think you have to stand for something. And if you’re not standing for anything, you’re really just serving yourself, period, end of story.” Katy Perry is pretty clear about celebs needing to use their voice for political matters in her new Vogue interview. Or is that just some low-key Taylor Swift shade? TGIF!
Do you have any big weekend plans? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)