Morning Buzz! Nick Viall’s Response to His and Fiancée Vanessa Grimaldi’s Awkward Bachelor Finale Was Even MORE Awkward + More
Nick and Vanessa give us more to cringe about, and Jenny Slate opens up about her split from Captain America in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below!
1.OMG, cringe! In a new episode of Ellen, Degeneres asks Viall about that suuuuper awkward first interview he and Grimaldi gave together on the After the Rose special, and his response was TOO much: He remained silent. AH! Grimaldi, who was in the audience, spoke up, saying she didn’t think it was awkward. “I think we both went in it wanting to be honest and open about couples, you know, sometimes things can get tough. But we’re very committed to each other; we love each other and that’s what we’re focusing on.” Maybe they need to work on their press strategy? (h/t ET)
2. The Walking Dead’s Steven Yeun and wife Joana Pak had their baby! It was revealed shortly after marrying in December that Yeun and Pak were expecting their first child, and E! is now reporting that the baby boy arrived on March 17. There are no details or pics just yet, so let us bask instead in these adorbs baby-bump-showcasing wedding pics.
3. Jenny Slate reveals why her and Chris Evans broke up in an emotional new interview. Everyone was smitten with the new romance between comedian and actor Slate and Captain America himself, Evans, when the two made it red-carpet official last summer. But in an emotional new interview with Vulture (to be clear, WE found it emotional bc Slate is so open and lovely), Slate admits that in the end, they were just too different to make it work. “Chris is a very, very famous person,” Slate says. “For him to go to a restaurant is totally different than for me to go. I have more freedom because I’m not Captain America. I’m mostly a cartoon.” Slate said that she kept waiting for it to all feel normal, but it never did, and coming off a separation and divorce before dating Evans, she needed to be alone to feel normal. Read the full interview here. (Photo via Tommaso Boddi/Getty)
4. Ashley Graham loves bagels so much that she decided to use two of them as a bra. I mean, same, TBH. Glamour fashion director Jillian Davison posted a Boomerang (Bramerang? SORRY) of the model supporting her curves with some bagels, because why not; please ask no further questions.
5. The trailer for Lindsay Lohan’s new prank series is here. “I’m back b***hes!” Lohan says in the trailer for The Anti-Social Network, a Punk’d-like prank series where she takes over contestants’ social media for 24 hours and makes them do embarrassing things to win. Lohan looks like she’s having SO much fun in this show, TBH, which is reportedly currently being shopped to networks. Check out the trailer over on Dose’s Facebook page. (Image via Dose/Facebook)
6. Quote of the day: “It was always about everybody else first, and I think this is a little bit reflection time.” Richard Simmons’ rep responds to the popular Missing Richard Simmons podcast which explores rumors about kidnapping, illness, and more in his disappearance from the public eye. Get your rest, Richard!
Do you ever wish you could just disappear for some time off? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty)