Morning Buzz! See the Epic Dinosaur Birthday Jessica Simpson Threw for Her Son + More
TGIF, y’all! Celebrate making it to the long weekend with six of today’s top news items, featuring a kids’ birthday party we would like for ourselves, some more amazing Fuller House news and more!
1. Jessica Simpson throws a good party. The singer / business mogul shared some adorable new family snaps from son Ace Knute’s 3rd birthday party, and it looked unbelievable. “Ace turns three and I feel prehistoric!” she joked in one caption, detailing a volcano-inspired cake. The foliage and dino balloons decorations were only second to Jessica’s amazing — and super on-theme — leaf-printed crop top and skirt, which looked amazing.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Fuller House (@fullerhouse) on
2. What would Fuller House be without Danny Tanner and Uncle Jesse? Good thing we’ll never have to find out, because a snap from Jodie Sweetin confirmed their return for season two! If you follow the cast members on Insta you will have seen these already, but it’s great to get confirmation from the show ITSELF, y’know? More spoilers keep leaking out about the show as filming continues, so who knows what we’ll find out next!
3. THERE IS A NEW FERGIE SONG. Did you ever think we’d be saying those words? It’s been a decade since the Black Eyed Peas member went solo with “The Dutchess,” and now she’s returned with her first single “M.I.L.F. $.” Will it be a sleeper hit of the summer? TIME WILL TELL.
— Jaz(myn) (@ReneJazmyn) July 1, 2016
4. The #GrowingUpShy hashtag is EVERYTHING. People are using #growingupshy to share their experiences of growing up blushing easily, being afraid to talk in class, taking phone calls, and way, way more, and honestly, it is amazing. The scarily relatable trend is still going strong on Twitter, so maybe just keep that search open in a tab today and do a scroll when you need a break and a YAAAAS.
5. The Internet is dying over this man who sent his baby girl to daycare in overalls and no shirt. When mom needs to leave early for a job interview, dad gets to dress seven-month-old Olivia for daycare, and this is the result. “I sent her with that thing on,” he replied when asked if he sent her with no shirt. When his wife casually mentioned that you’re supposed to put a shirt on under them, he said “Uhm. I gotta plead ignorance here.” THAT PICTURE. Cannot. Stop. Laughing. (h/t Ellen)
6. Quote of the day: “Don’t go too fast. Pay attention to the people you surround yourself with and make sure they have honest intentions. Put yourself first, and just breathe. Be happy and always be grateful for the moment you have in front of you. Be here, now.” Lindsay Lohan gives her younger self (and all of us, really) amazing advice as she reflects on the eve of her 30th birthday. Happy Birthday, Lindsay!
What advice would you give YOUR younger self? Let us know on Twitter at @BritandCo!
(Featured image via @jessicasimpson)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)