Morning Buzz! See the Epic Dinosaur Birthday Jessica Simpson Threw for Her Son + More
TGIF, y’all! Celebrate making it to the long weekend with six of today’s top news items, featuring a kids’ birthday party we would like for ourselves, some more amazing Fuller House news and more!
1. Jessica Simpson throws a good party. The singer / business mogul shared some adorable new family snaps from son Ace Knute’s 3rd birthday party, and it looked unbelievable. “Ace turns three and I feel prehistoric!” she joked in one caption, detailing a volcano-inspired cake. The foliage and dino balloons decorations were only second to Jessica’s amazing — and super on-theme — leaf-printed crop top and skirt, which looked amazing.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Fuller House (@fullerhouse) on
2. What would Fuller House be without Danny Tanner and Uncle Jesse? Good thing we’ll never have to find out, because a snap from Jodie Sweetin confirmed their return for season two! If you follow the cast members on Insta you will have seen these already, but it’s great to get confirmation from the show ITSELF, y’know? More spoilers keep leaking out about the show as filming continues, so who knows what we’ll find out next!
3. THERE IS A NEW FERGIE SONG. Did you ever think we’d be saying those words? It’s been a decade since the Black Eyed Peas member went solo with “The Dutchess,” and now she’s returned with her first single “M.I.L.F. $.” Will it be a sleeper hit of the summer? TIME WILL TELL.
— Jaz(myn) (@ReneJazmyn) July 1, 2016
4. The #GrowingUpShy hashtag is EVERYTHING. People are using #growingupshy to share their experiences of growing up blushing easily, being afraid to talk in class, taking phone calls, and way, way more, and honestly, it is amazing. The scarily relatable trend is still going strong on Twitter, so maybe just keep that search open in a tab today and do a scroll when you need a break and a YAAAAS.
5. The Internet is dying over this man who sent his baby girl to daycare in overalls and no shirt. When mom needs to leave early for a job interview, dad gets to dress seven-month-old Olivia for daycare, and this is the result. “I sent her with that thing on,” he replied when asked if he sent her with no shirt. When his wife casually mentioned that you’re supposed to put a shirt on under them, he said “Uhm. I gotta plead ignorance here.” THAT PICTURE. Cannot. Stop. Laughing. (h/t Ellen)
6. Quote of the day: “Don’t go too fast. Pay attention to the people you surround yourself with and make sure they have honest intentions. Put yourself first, and just breathe. Be happy and always be grateful for the moment you have in front of you. Be here, now.” Lindsay Lohan gives her younger self (and all of us, really) amazing advice as she reflects on the eve of her 30th birthday. Happy Birthday, Lindsay!
What advice would you give YOUR younger self? Let us know on Twitter at @BritandCo!
(Featured image via @jessicasimpson)