Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2018: 45 Ideas for Thoughtful Presents
As Mother’s Day swiftly approaches, we once again revisit all the reasons we’re thankful for our respective mamas — the gift of life and unwavering support, among so many other things. Plus, our moms offer us unconditional love *even* when we’re acting cranky and snappy for no real reason. It is for all of this (and more!) that Mom should have the absolute best gift(s) this Mother’s Day. Here are 45 Mother’s Day gift ideas to start your shopping off right.
1. Bambüsi Bamboo Bath Caddy ($43): Bath time is the best time, especially when this sleek bath caddy keeps Mom’s wine at arm’s length.
2. Vinturi Wine Aerator ($40): For the vino-loving mama, this wine aerator will mix the right amount of air to enhance the flavor of wine in the time it takes to pour a glass (or three).
3. Dyson Special Edition Supersonic Hair Dryer Set ($399): From the geniuses behind vacuums that don’t suck (and also suck the most!) is a dryer for *every* hair type! Snag her this limited-edition set that includes a light pink case.
4. Apple TV 4K ($179+): You know you already steal her Netflix log-in, so at least give your mom a way to watch TV in 4K HD with a slick, user-friendly interface. The remote also has voice search, so she can easily find all her favorite TV shows and movies to binge.
5. STATE Bags Slim Lorimer Park Slope Backpack ($90): Day trips will never be the same once Mom’s got her super sleek backpack loaded and ready to hit the streets. And the best part? This beaut is a #GiveBackPack — meaning for each one sold, a bag packed with essential tools for success is delivered to an American child in need.
6. Plum & Punch Hedgehog Planter ($24): Brighten up any shelf or nook with this cute hedgehog planter, which is the sharpest way to display a succulent or mini-cactus.
7. APL Phantom Shoes ($250): For the fit mom who wants to look fierce when she hits the street or studio, these calf-hair, leopard-print shoes will do the trick. They’re as stylish as they are comfortable, and you’ll be tempted to sneak into your mom’s closet to borrow them for a day or night out.
8. Foodstirs Rainbow Cake Pop Kit ($19+): Whether she’s a baking enthusiast or just beginning, Mom is sure to love the ease and convenience of ingredients delivered to her door. Featuring recipes for donuts to cupcakes (and everything in between), Foodstirs both single kits and a subscription service. Gifting’s never been so sweet!
9. Kate Spade Pavé Crystal Twisted Hinged Bangle Bracelet ($68): This twisted hinge bracelet is 12K gold plated and adorned with crystals, an ideal way to show your gratitude.
10. WGV International Undecahedron Tear Drop Glass Terrarium ($50): Add a little greenery to her life with some geometric terrariums filled with air plants and succulents.
11. J. Crew Large Leather Pouch ($70): Personalize a pouch with Mom’s initial or add a special saying that’s precious to you both.
12. Bose SoundLink Revolve+ Bluetooth Speaker ($299): This small, sleek Bluetooth speaker packs quite the punch. Mom will love listening to her music from every direction, whether she’s by herself or hosting a dinner party.
13. 2017 Sauvetage Rosé ($19): This Provencal-style rosé will help Mom celebrate summer. If you want to really splurge, go for the Summer Water Societé, a membership that will let her rosé all day with three different wine shipments from May through July.
14. Hearts on Fire Three-Prong Stud Earrings ($895+): Diamonds are a lot of things — they shine bright, they are a girl’s best friend (no matter the age), and they last forever.
15. Tatcha The Starter Ritual Set ($60): Help Mom treat herself with a kit that has all the essential steps for ultimate relaxation and skin health. These four products will purify, polish, soften, and hydrate her skin.
16. Sugarfina Rosé 3-Piece Candy Bento Box ($28): Candy *and* rosé… YES, PLEASE! Give Mom an adult treat this Mother’s Day, because YUM.
17. UGG Andi Pompom Slipper ($180): There’s really nothing quite like slipping into brand new, cozy slippers, and these knit pups topped with a shearling pouf will really get the message of love and appreciation across — while also getting her through the week.
18. FTD Citrus Sightings Lemon Tree ($70): For the chef in your life (or one in the making) this pick will give her a bounty of fresh lemons she can use to spruce up her homemade recipes.
19. Fitbit Versa ($200): The newest smartwatch will help Mom track her activity, sleep, heart rate, and health. Plus she can download her favorite apps and songs and get call and text alerts from you.
20. Hedley & Bennett Addy Apron ($98) Because Mom loves creating delish dishes… and because we all benefit when she does. This chef-approved, Japanese denim apron will be a kitchen staple.
21. Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa ($80): Give your tech-savvy mom a tablet that’ll give her a great bang for the buck: She can watch shows, read books, listen to music, play games, make calls, and more, all on an HD screen. The Fire also has Alexa integration, so she can get all her questions answered or connect to other smart devices at home.
22. Garnet Hill Cashmere Wrap ($188): Give your mom a stylish cashmere wrap; it’s almost like a warm, soft hug from her favorite child (you).
23. SK-II Pitera Welcome Set ($110): Quench her skin’s thirst with a three-piece set, which includes a toning lotion, facial essence, and light cream.
24. M. Gemi The Stellato Sacchetto ($228): These handmade Italian suede flats are luxurious, comfy, and come in a variety of colors. She’ll love pairing them with a casual or dressy outfit.
25. LC Lauren Conrad 10K White Gold Diamond Accent Cluster Pendant ($700): A cluster of round-cut diamonds hanging from a white gold chain make this necklace both unique and versatile.
26. Framebridge Custom Framing ($39+): Build a custom-framed piece of art for Mom that she will treasure forever. They even frame memorabilia and textiles for something extra special.
27. TheraBox – Self Care Subscription Box ($35+/month): Why stop at just one gift? This subscription box —curated by therapists — will make sure your mom gets a monthly delivery of relaxing wellness goodies.
28. Tkees Alex Pom Slides ($90): Whether she’s picnicking or poolside, Mom will love a tease of summer with these imported Brazilian slides. Adorable pom-pom trim gives them a playful yet sophisticated look she can rock all season long.
29. Society6 Vintage Garden iPhone Case ($36): Her texts might not always make the most sense, but you can still pretty up her world with a floral print phone case.
30. Baggu Leather Circle Purse ($180): This cute crossbody bag, in soft leather with brass hardware, is perfect for her essential carrying needs.
31. Lena Wald Every Mother Counts Mama Ring ($200+): Available in rose gold, yellow gold, or silver, each ring gives 100 percent of proceeds to Every Mother Counts — a nonprofit that aims to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for women around the world.
32. Obakki Bidi Bidi Scarf ($39): A lightweight scarf always comes in handy, and this one also supports a good cause. The Bidi Bidi scarf is a collaboration with female Uganda refugees, and 100 percent of the net proceeds go back to helping those women rebuild their lives.
33. Molton Brown London Gingerlily Indulgent Gift Set ($121): Ginger, lily, tuberose, and cedarwood come together to make a delightfully scented blend. This luxurious set includes lotion, body wash, and a fragrant candle for bath time.
34. Domino Pink Jane Austen Book Set ($225): Austen said it best: “The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
35. Anker PowerCore+ Portable Charger ($20): Everything looks better in rose gold — especially tech! We think Mom is sure to love a compact, pink-tastic charger for her smart accessories.
36. 1-800-Flowers Mini Trough Succulents ($50): Flowers are always nice, but succulents are even better. These five mini succulents inside a reclaimed wood box are probably more low-maintenance than you were as a teenager.
37. Hydro Flask Travel Mug ($22+): Whether she’s headed to a tennis match or down to the beach, Mom can take her iced tea, coffee, or water everywhere — and in style! This stainless steel bottle keeps liquids cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to six.
38. Kate Spade Cameron Street Travel Passport Holder ($88): Inspire her to jet-set with a monogrammable passport holder that’s sure to spread the wanderlust bug.
39. Bodum Chambord Copper 34-Ounce French Press ($50): We all know life begins when the coffee is ready — so why not give Mom her own pretty pot. Pair with local artisanal coffee beans FTW.
40. slip for beauty sleep Pure Silk Pillowcase ($79+): Make sure your mom has next-level beauty sleep with this luxe silk pillow that can help prevent creases and bed head.
41. Tony Moly Red Wine Sheet Mask ($4): Combine two things your mom loves: face masks and red wine. This K-beauty brand has a variety of face masks, including ones that use tea, rice, rose, and avocado, and at $4/each, you can pick up one of each.
42. URPOWER Essential Oil Diffuser ($22): Channel some zen vibes and help create a home spa with this diffuser that has seven LED light options. Don’t forget to pick up a set of essential oils ($27) to really complete the experience.
43. Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Robe ($100): Pamper your favorite lady with a plush, cozy robe. Perfect for lounging around for your next girls’ night in.
44. Diptyque Bais/Berries Scented Candle ($35+): Fill Mom’s home with a fresh and fruity scent candle made by this famous French perfumery.
45. Carley’s Camera Malibu Lifeguard Photography Print ($60+): Are your mom’s walls still adorned with awkward teenage photos of you? Upgrade her wall art with a gorgeous print that will also serve as travel inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Sarah Koller)