This Lazy Girl Shoe Trend Is Blowing Up for Spring
As the snow starts to melt and the sun comes out to play, our accessories are in desperate need of a spring-friendly update. Mules are posed to be a major spring 2016 shoe trend, and now is the time to bring them out. The style is perfect for spring, evoking the edge of your fave fall booties with a more dainty, open-air design and zero effort needed — just slip ’em on and go. That means looking chic has never been easier, especially if you snag a close-toed pair (hear that, lazy girls?). Read on for 13 mules you should add to your spring closet.
1. Forever 21 Faux Leather Strappy Mules ($33): Strut your stuff in the boardroom and at weekend brunch in these summer-ready steppers. The three-strap design adds a right-now edge to the traditional mule silhouette.
2. Zara Mule Sandals ($40): This shoe is for minimalist design lovers. The square open toe and block heels are lined with subtle black piping; whoever said black and brown don’t go together has obviously never seen these guys.
4. Free People Beretta Heel ($245): These wine-colored mules are all about that ankle strap detail. Pair these beauties with a black pencil skirt for a seamless outfit that will transition perfectly from work to happy hour.
5. ASOS Havana Wide Fit Caged Mules ($72): Say hello to your new fave party shoes. These guys would be perfect for dancing at your bestie’s bachelorette party.
6. Jeffrey Campbell Sonule ($110): Let these high-shine silver shoes brighten up your spring season. Match them with colorful pleated trousers and a #girlboss top to kick spring into full gear.
7. Seychelles Lyra ($100): You can’t go wrong with color blocking, and these versatile kicks deserve a place in anyone’s closet. Let your feet do the talking by pairing them with a leather skirt and a crop top.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Jena ($115): These pretty-in-pink mules might have a tiny heel but they’re mighty in style. Wear them with a pleated skirt and a striped tee for a springtime Sunday funday.
9. Nasty Gal Sol Sana Deon Leather Mule ($150): These robin’s-egg mules are giving us spring fever! They’d work for pretty much any occasion, but try them with a LWD and a metallic jacket.
10. Yosi Samra Parker Mule Slide ($154): If there’s one print that will live forever, it’s the animal print. These effortless mules are easy to slip on and will amp up anything from a pajama-inspired getup to your nine-to-five uniform.
11. Sole Society Black Open Toe Heeled Slide ($110): Everyone needs a black shoe (or ten) in their closet, especially if it’s this black open toe beauty. Opt for slouchy boyfriend jeans and a lightweight sweater for an ensemble that screams weekend chic.
12. Trademark Blue Suede Mule ($378): This one’s for the shoe connoisseur in us all. Invest in a pair of these Italian suede slip-ons and style them with extra-wide pants and a fedora for a night out with the girls.
13. Zara Leather Slingback Sandals ($90): Start the day right with these showstoppers. We’re majorly digging the look-at-me contrast of the orange and gold on these beauties. They’re the only accessory you’ll need for all those springtime brunches.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)