This Lazy Girl Shoe Trend Is Blowing Up for Spring
As the snow starts to melt and the sun comes out to play, our accessories are in desperate need of a spring-friendly update. Mules are posed to be a major spring 2016 shoe trend, and now is the time to bring them out. The style is perfect for spring, evoking the edge of your fave fall booties with a more dainty, open-air design and zero effort needed — just slip ’em on and go. That means looking chic has never been easier, especially if you snag a close-toed pair (hear that, lazy girls?). Read on for 13 mules you should add to your spring closet.
1. Forever 21 Faux Leather Strappy Mules ($33): Strut your stuff in the boardroom and at weekend brunch in these summer-ready steppers. The three-strap design adds a right-now edge to the traditional mule silhouette.
2. Zara Mule Sandals ($40): This shoe is for minimalist design lovers. The square open toe and block heels are lined with subtle black piping; whoever said black and brown don’t go together has obviously never seen these guys.
4. Free People Beretta Heel ($245): These wine-colored mules are all about that ankle strap detail. Pair these beauties with a black pencil skirt for a seamless outfit that will transition perfectly from work to happy hour.
5. ASOS Havana Wide Fit Caged Mules ($72): Say hello to your new fave party shoes. These guys would be perfect for dancing at your bestie’s bachelorette party.
6. Jeffrey Campbell Sonule ($110): Let these high-shine silver shoes brighten up your spring season. Match them with colorful pleated trousers and a #girlboss top to kick spring into full gear.
7. Seychelles Lyra ($100): You can’t go wrong with color blocking, and these versatile kicks deserve a place in anyone’s closet. Let your feet do the talking by pairing them with a leather skirt and a crop top.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Jena ($115): These pretty-in-pink mules might have a tiny heel but they’re mighty in style. Wear them with a pleated skirt and a striped tee for a springtime Sunday funday.
9. Nasty Gal Sol Sana Deon Leather Mule ($150): These robin’s-egg mules are giving us spring fever! They’d work for pretty much any occasion, but try them with a LWD and a metallic jacket.
10. Yosi Samra Parker Mule Slide ($154): If there’s one print that will live forever, it’s the animal print. These effortless mules are easy to slip on and will amp up anything from a pajama-inspired getup to your nine-to-five uniform.
11. Sole Society Black Open Toe Heeled Slide ($110): Everyone needs a black shoe (or ten) in their closet, especially if it’s this black open toe beauty. Opt for slouchy boyfriend jeans and a lightweight sweater for an ensemble that screams weekend chic.
12. Trademark Blue Suede Mule ($378): This one’s for the shoe connoisseur in us all. Invest in a pair of these Italian suede slip-ons and style them with extra-wide pants and a fedora for a night out with the girls.
13. Zara Leather Slingback Sandals ($90): Start the day right with these showstoppers. We’re majorly digging the look-at-me contrast of the orange and gold on these beauties. They’re the only accessory you’ll need for all those springtime brunches.