10 Must-Have Festival Beauty Products to Keep You Fresh AF
Break out those bandanas and get your SPF ready — festival season has officially begun! Whether you’re romping around in the desert at Coachella, kicking it under the stars at Summer Meltdown, or dishing out $1 million for Iceland’s Secret Solstice Festival, it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to get through the all-day and all-night events in flawless festival fashion.
Beyond having enough energy for the festivities, looking and feeling fresh is another hurdle to consider. From a double-duty oil-controller to an on-the-go sanitizer and a versatile makeup palette, our purse picks will have you set. Here are 10 festival beauty products that’ll keep you refreshed and ready to rock for the next show.
1. TrèStiQue Magic Mattifying Balm & Blotting Sheet Duo ($34): If staying matte is your festival mantra, this two-in-one product is a game-changer. One end of the stick features a mattifying balm that you apply to your oily spots to erase shine and make pores appear smaller. The opposite end of the stick has blotting sheets that you can tear to any size you need.
2. Maybelline The Colossal Big Shot Washable Mascara ($8): An affordable mascara with serious staying power is key to making your look last all day. This formula is perfect for all-day wear because it stands up to heat, sweat, and general raging, but still washes off easily with soap and water at the end of the night (or early in the morning!).
3. Tammy Fender Purist ($14): You will get dirty. Repeat: You will get dirty. An on-the-go antibacterial product is important so you can de-germ without having to wait in the nightmarish restroom lines. This all-natural offering contains tea tree, thyme, echinacea, and goldenseal to gently (and naturally) cleanse your hands while leaving them feeling soft and moisturized.
4. MILK Makeup Mini Lip Color ($12): This super punchy lip color is perfectly sized for a small purse or your back pocket. Just one swipe gives you a ton of color, leaving behind a long-lasting stain so you don’t have to worry about reapplying during your favorite set.
5. JOICO InstaTint Temporary Color Shimmer Spray ($10): A concert is the perfect occasion to experiment with temporary hair color, and these mini color shimmer sprays make it easy and foolproof. Toss one of these in your purse and, when you’re feeling inspired (perhaps after hearing your favorite song live?!), spray in a subtle wash of color or go all in for a bold look. The hue will stay locked in for up to three days or until you wash it out.
6. Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick ($46): Medium-to-full concealer and foundation coverage is what you get with this easy-to-use stick from Hourglass. Draw on the lightweight formula wherever you want to even out your complexion and blend it out with your fingers or a makeup sponge. You’ll look flawless, won’t have to worry about fading or creasing, and will be protected from an unexpected desert downpour (it’s waterproof!).
7. Aquaphor Healing Ointment On-the-Go Pack ($5): An all-in-one moisturizer will be your BFF in the dry desert, so keep one of these mini healing ointments on you at all times. This a beauty balm that will get a ton of use at a music festival, whether it’s taming flyaway hair, moisturizing dry cuticles, or adding subtle shine to the high points of your face. Slather it on your lips overnight for an intense mask that’ll leave your pout ready for a bold lip the next day.
8. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick ($25): Makeup products don’t get more versatile than this palette. Swipe your finger across all the colors for a customized bronze look, or use them individually on your eyes, cheeks, and lips to amp up your makeup.
9. Pacifica Essential Makeup Wipe Mini ($5): Sweat, dirt, oil, and dust have no place on your face. Refresh your skin anytime you need a pick-me-up with these coconut milk-infused towelettes. You can fix a mascara mishap (AKA when it’s melted and left you with raccoon eyes), remove a lip stain, or just give your skin a gentle cleanse — these wipes do it all.
10. Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Pencil ($18): This magical beauty product is everything for day-to-night shenanigans. Lock your lip color in place by using it as a primer before you apply your hue of choice (bonus: It also prevents feathering). Then run it over any makeup mistakes you have to deal with throughout the day, like if your mascara runs when you cry tears of joy seeing your all-time favorite artist as a surprise guest. It happens!
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.