11 Ways to *Nail* It This Year
Just like fashion, food and beauty techniques, nail trends come in and out of style with every new year. If you’re anything like our beauty-obsessed team, you’ll want your polished digits to be as hot as your social life in 2016. From ’80s-inspired glitter and monochromatic whites to soft and pretty pastels and bright, candied finishes, this collection of shades, nail wraps and even a little DIY action are a must for every nail-polish enthusiast.
1. Habit Nail Polish in Midnight Cowboy ($18): What better way to welcome a new year than by donning sultry, dark and sparkly nails? This metallic gunmetal shade with a shimmer finish is utterly alluring.
2. Habit Nail Polish in Roller Girl ($18): Keep that festive spirit alive long after the holidays with a whole lot of shimmer and shine. This fuchsia and pink sparkle nail polish is perfect to make your mani game pop in 2016. Your inner Kesha would be proud.
3. Habit Nail Polish in Tabou ($18): Go bold or go home in 2016. You’ll be so red hot sporting this semi-sheer nail polish, it’ll be practically illegal.
4. Habit Nail Polish in Belle Epoque ($18): Usher in spring with this darling lavender blue. The gorgeous shade will make you feel super fresh and feminine.
5. Albert Mertz Nail Wraps ($12): Colorful nails in dual tones are a great way to show off your bright and bold personality in the new year. Channel your inner Albert Mertz by adding this little pop of red and blue to your ensemble.
6. Habit Nail Polish in Space Cadet ($18): Kick off 2016 with with something blue, something festive and something sparkly. Decorate your digits with this glittery polish that combines metallic and jewel tones in one gorgeous shade.
7. Museum Nails Black and White Nail Wraps ($12): Don’t have the time or patience for DIY nail art? Have no fear! These easy-peasy black and white nail wraps will have your friends gawking at your stylish new mani. You’re welcome.
8. Habit Nail Polish in Prairie ($18): For a soothing, tranquil vibe in the new year, this fresh sage green creme is perfect for the spring and summer of ’16.
9. Stroke of Gold Nail Wraps ($12): The negative space trend isn’t going anywhere in 2016. Layer these pretty gold-speckled nail strips over a clear polish for a negative space effect, or add them over your favorite pastel hue. So adorable and easy!
10. Habit Nail Polish in Belle du Jour ($18): Neutrals are a staple any time of the year in our book. This earthy shade looks good on everybody and adds softness and a subtle touch of class to any ensemble.
11. DIY Nail Art Kit ($44): Ready to nail it in the New Year? Take our DIY Nail Art online class, taught by Stephanie Stone of Nailing Hollywood, to take your nail art skills from amateur to pro.