Our Top Nursery Decor Picks from Nate Berkus’s Target Baby Collection
Nate Berkus and Target are on a roll. Hot on the heels of their new spring home collab is a baby collection inspired by the designer’s own experience as a new dad of Poppy Brent-Berkus. Shopping for nursery things, Nate experienced firsthand what parents with design sensibility encounter all the time: lack of aesthetic and trendy decor. “I was constantly searching for sophisticated but still whimsical pieces that were not only functional but also gentle on her skin,” he says.
If your ideal nursery is modern or gender neutral, or features whimsical plush animals — like the new woodland theme that’s so on trend right now — there’s much to love in this collection. The designer’s signature muted colors and geometric patterns are offset by pops of metallic bling to set the tone for the 40+ piece collection that includes everything from mix-and-match rompers, sleepers and onesies to soft quilts, blankets and crib sheets to plush llamas, pom-poms and cozy lighting. And, thanks to Target’s *perf* price points, it’s all affordable.
1. Nate Berkus Pom Pom Bin ($15): Every changing table station calls for stylish bins around to ensure clean diapers, bibs and receiving blankets are at the ready. The pom-poms contribute a soft pop of color and touchy-feely texture to your nursery decor.
2. Nate Berkus Gold Medallion Wall Decals ($13): If it’s designed by Nate Berkus, you can expect some fun metallics in the collection, and this one doesn’t disappoint. This time it’s in the form of removable wall decals, so as baby grows and your taste changes, updates are easy.
3. Nate Berkus Llama Night Light ($25): Soft lights add a cozy ambiance to any room. Picture these adorable, sleepy llamas casting a soft glow on future nighttime feedings and story times.
4. Nate Berkus Llama Plush ($18): You may have noticed a llama theme going on here! This plushie is super soft, with whimsical detailing that will make it your baby’s instant favorite.
5. Nate Berkus Turtle Rattle ($12): Wait until your baby gets ahold of this adorable turtle rattle with the soft knit “shell.” Its soft mint color and muted stripes make it perfect for a gender-neutral nursery.
6. Nate Berkus Embroidered Quilt/Coverlet ($50): The sophisticated black and white pattern on this embroidered quilt almost guarantees its longevity in your child’s room. At 42-inches long, it can transition into a runner at the foot of your *someday* toddler bed.
7. Nate Berkus Stripe Blanket ($25): This double-sided blanket features a textured side of muted pastels with black and white stripes, plus a soft side in white sherpa. It’s so cuddly that it will be the first thing you grab when it’s time to tuck in at naptime.
8. Nate Berkus Crib Sheets — Geo Stripe or Mint Llama ($15 each): These 100-percent-cotton crib sheets are perfect for a gender-neutral nursery. Choose from modern stripes in muted blue and yellow or a soft mint featuring adorable llamas.
9. Nate Berkus Muslin Blankets — Diamond/ Medallion or Aqua/Snowflake ($17/two-pack): The lovely thing about muslin blankets is that they grow softer and softer with every washing. At this price, you can afford to always have a clean blankie in rotation.
10. Nate Berkus Changing Pad Cover ($15): It’s so rare to come across a changing pad with sophisticated style. Here’s one you’ll want to show off in your nursery, not hide.
11. Nate Berkus Llama Security Blanket ($13): One look at the soft plushy head and cozy sherpa lining on this llama and you know it’s bound to be a future *lovey.* Pro tip: At this price, consider buying more than one and avoid future laundry-day meltdowns.
If you search high and low for sophisticated decor pieces for your nursery, follow us on Pinterest for more.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Target)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)