20 Luxe Modern Twists on Nursery Staples
There are many different ways you can decorate your baby’s nursery — you could go classic, you could go girly (or boy-ish) or you could do it up full of the Force with a Star Wars theme. But one of our absolute favorite nursery styles is modern. It’s clean, it’s simple and (generally) gender neutral. If you’re aspiring to go mod with your nursery staples, we’ve got 20 chic suggestions for you.
1. Nursery Works Vetro Crib ($4,500): Blink and you’ll miss the crib. The clear plastic Vetro Crib isn’t just chic but totally eco-friendly. This handcrafted crib is the first 100 percent recyclable, non-toxic acrylic baby bed on the market.
2. Nursery Works Lydian Crib ($6,900): This crib is the ultimate in modern luxury. The 24-karat gold square base raises the floating frame made of American sourced solid black walnut. It also converts to a toddler bed (which for the price, makes it far more worth it).
3. Spot on Square Roh Crib ($1,999): Spot on Square created this modernly gorgeous crib using durable half-inch, BPA-free, phthalate-free, 100-percent recyclable, clear acrylic which is framed by inch-thick solid walnut. Pretty and smart.
4. Micuna Life Crib ($999): The Micuna Life Crib marries modern design with the freedom of change. The easy-to-switch spindles allow you to play with various color patterns so you can mix it up whenever you’d like.
5. The Land of Nod Norse Bassinet ($699): The sleek Scandinavian-inspired design of this walnut-veneered bassinet will cradle your child in soooooo much style.
6. Nursery Works Ami Rocker ($1,250): The coolest thing about the Ami Rocker is how it can be converted from a nursing rocker (with handy storage area) to a double seat rocker (perfect for toddler story time).
7. Nursery Works Empire Rocker Limited Edition ($599): Doesn’t this oversized tufted wing-back rocker look totes comfy? We love the modern spin on this classic shape.
8. Atomic Chair Company Mid-Century Modern Nursery Rocker and Ottoman ($998): Available in various fabrics and wood types, this handcrafted and American-made rocker is a streamlined choice perfect for your modern nursery.
9. Rocker Refined Fitzgerald Rocking Chair ($1,650): For a splash of pattern, color and fun, the Fitzgerald Rocker is a swanky pick. There are a variety of different fabrics and styles to choose from.
10. Knoll Child’s Womb Chair ($3,075): Yes, you can get your kid a mini version of Eero Saarinen’s 1948 Womb chair made exclusively for Knoll. It’s a modern classic, and if you can shell out three grand for a kid’s chair, it’ll make a chic addition to your child’s room.
11. Oeuf Bear Play Chair ($226, set of two): How adorable are these chairs?!?! So cute. They come with bunny or bear ears, and you can decorate them with Oeuf Play Stickers ($32) for even more fun. Interactive furniture? Yes, please!
12. Vitra Eames Elephant ($330): Charles and Ray Eames, the gods of Modern design, created this whimsical elephant chair for kids. It comes in molded plastic in a variety of colors and doubles as a toy and a seat (we love things that serve dual purposes).
13. Fairyfolk Cloud Mobile ($40): We’re lovin’ this whimsical and handmade cloud mobile. You can also customize it with your own choice of color or add in rain drops if you’d like.
14. Spot on Square Flensted Mobiles – Tate ($72): This oh-so-modern mobile was originally designed for the Tate Modern in London, a collaboration with mobile master Ole Flensted and the abstract painter Sir Terry Frost. From the Tate to your baby’s nursery — sweet!
15. Fawn & Forest The Themis Prism ($45): Designed by Clara von Zweigbergk, this geometric mobile features five faceted paper ornaments in salmon, beige, green, black and gold. They’re subtle and stylish color choices (you just will want to keep it out of arm’s reach).
16. Vitra Omar the Owl Clock ($185): Designed by George Nelson Associates, Omar the Owl is one of the adorable animal clocks in the Zoo Timer collection of children’s clocks. It’s a super stylish way to keep time.
17. Iluxo Cat Clock ($35): Meow! This simple wood clock is purrfect for your little cat lover. While there aren’t numbers to help them learn to keep time, we’re digging the simplicity of this clock.
18. Nursery Works Tree Bookcase ($899): It may look like a work of art, but this is actually very useful. Store all your kids’ books in a unique and super fun way with this totally original tree bookcase, perfect for growing young minds.
19. The Land of Nod Parkside Toy Box ($299): Store all those stuffies and toys in this sleek and chic toy chest, and you’ll never know the chaos that lives inside. There will always be chaos in a child’s room, so might as well hide it.
20. Oeuf Classic Walnut Mini Library ($678): You’ll need a place to store those precious copies of Goodnight Moon, Pat the Bunny and Guess How Much I Love You. This mini library is just the thing. It also has cupboards to hide toys (and again, we love to hide clutter).
Which piece are you lovin’ the most? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know!