Pinterest is a go-to source for finding the hottest decor, so when the top trends for the new year are released, you definitely take notice. And according to the stats, woodland-themed nurseries are going to slay in 2017. If you’re a fan of the great outdoors and you’re expecting, why not seek inspiration for nursery decor with this quirky and gender-neutral theme. A few stylish animals here, some branch decor there and an elegant earth tone color palette makes for an adorable nursery that totally grows up with them. Scroll on for 21 woodland nurseries below.
1. Forest Wallpaper: Gasp, that wallpaper is seriously amazing. The black and white trees blend into the background and make the rest of the woodland decor really pop. (via Wit & Delight)
2. 3D Wood Animal Art: Everything about this nursery is pretty much Pinterest-perfect, from the wood cutout animal art to the giant stuffed cactus and those layered rugs. Pops of ochre, red and green offer a playful take on the woodland theme that will add a little whimsy and charm to the rest of your space. (via Vintage Revivals)
3. Pinks and Rust Palette: Boasting a pastel color scheme, this woodland-themed nursery is sophisticated and playful, especially with those pink accents there to seal the deal. We can’t stop ooh-ing and ahh-ing at those pink hanging shelves and rust brown canopy over the crib.
4. Moody Florals: Bold but feminine, that rose wallpaper is so chic you’ll want it in your own bedroom. With an accent wall that dark, using accessories like faux-fur cushions or a graphic rug will help tie the room together without weighing it down. (via Inspired by This)
5. Rustic Accents: It’s all about that cool geo wallpaper in this cozy nursery. Give the space a modern styling with a bright blue rug, rustic leather pouf and pops of accent color. (via Regan Baker Design)
6. Woodland Shelfie: Keep your baby’s #shelfie well curated with a collection of art prints, themed decor pieces and maybe a mini plant or two. Start collecting animal prints and felted mushrooms. (via Inspired by This)
7. Fairy-Tale Forest: Skip the paint and deck out your entire nursery in a lush forest wallpaper. Bring in gold, pastel pink and white accessories and you’ve got yourself an infinitely ‘grammable nursery. (via House Beautiful)
8. Moody Woods: Gray furniture paired with a dark mountain scene make for a perfect combination of neutral decor throughout this nursery. And if you’re looking for easy DIY inspo, check out that adorable wood slice mobile. (via Gray House Studio)
9. Animal Friend Gallery Wall: Aren’t these just the most adorable animal faces you’ve ever seen? A grid layout gallery wall makes a charming addition to your woodland nursery furnishings. (via Coco and James)
10. Pretty Neutrals: The forest is the perfect inspiration for a nursery design. Between the black and white woodsy wallpaper and the stuffed tiger head, your kiddo will be sure to dream of adventures all through the night.
11. Geometric Outdoors: Boasting a cool triangular design, this nursery makes the case for a geometric look. The beautiful wood mirror and mobile use a lighter wood tone, which stands out against this gray and brown palette. (via Inspired by This)
12. Mountain Retreat: What’s gray and white and chic all over? This playful nursery, which uses different graphic patterns on the walls and in the furnishings. Plus, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add personality to the space, it doesn’t get much easier than painting a few triangle mountains. (via Project Nursery)
13. Boho Touches: Just because you’re decorating for a little one doesn’t mean everything needs to be childish. A light gray color palette is a timeless take on a gender-neutral nursery that is well-suited to the earthy tones of a woodland theme. (via Project Nursery)
14. Just Hanging Out: Hanging furniture has been popping up everywhere from Kendall’s breakfast nook to the living room, so why not the nursery too? Hang it low to the ground and pop a thick sheepskin rug underneath for a super comfy reading nook/cuddle point HQ.
15. Boho Meets the Circus: The best part about a woodland nursery theme is that you can take it in any direction you want. Skip the bears and foxes and go with lions and tigers for a quirky circus vibe. Add a feather garland and weathered wood wallpaper for all those good boho feels.
16. Cozy Woods: Once baby starts crawling, you can always use an extra rug, and this super cute bear one is perfect for giving your baby’s space a touch of the forest. It’s so cute you’ll want one for the playroom too. (via We Lived Happily Ever After)
17. Where the Wild Flowers Are: Feel like something a little more floral? Keep the boho themes of a woodland nursery, but go all out with floral wallpaper, a cozy teepee and a super cush rug to protect those little knees. (via Domino)
18. Up Up and Away: Woodland nurseries don’t have to be all about bears and rustic wood. This bright blue mountain scene is quite the pop of color, especially when you add in a hot air balloon scene. Mobile, schmobile — those hot air balloons are SO cool. (via Project Nursery)
19. Foxy Sweet: The fox would definitely say “yes please” to this pretty little nursery. A light gray crib, weathered wood paneling and quirky animal artwork come together to create a retro-chic color palette. (via Destination Nursery)
20. Retro Outdoorsy Vibes: If you don’t completely love the idea of painting the whole nursery, one contrast wall can be the perfect place to showcase a dark forest scene. You could opt for either wallpaper, a decal or a chalkboard wall with hand-drawn trees. Ready for a new theme? Just erase and start again! (via Project Nursery)
21. Camper Vibes: Obvi we’re totes biased, but Brit’s nursery has to be one of the coolest outdoors-themed nurseries ever. It’s bold, colorful, campy and totally filled with lots of awesome DIYs. (via Brit + Co)
Are you loving this trendy nursery theme? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative ways to spruce up your baby’s space!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.