15 Reasons Why You WON’T Wear Your Skinny Jeans This Fall
We’ll always love you, skinny jeans, but we’re moving on to bigger, trendier things. Literally. Meet our new obsession — the wide-leg pant. The go-big-or-go-home bottom is all about out-of-this-world proportions, one-upping the flare in terms of free-wheelin’ vibes. Not only do they basically say “style is my middle name,” but also — and most importantly — they’re crazy comfy. Plus, they go incredibly with the slew of sassy ankle boots and platform kicks that that you most likely have in your closet. So, if there is *one* thing you’re gonna change up in your wardrobe this fall, keep your fall shoes the same and try something new with these wild pairs.
1. Free People High-Rise Chambray Gaucho ($128): Crazy soft denim meets a seriously laid-back silhouette in these stylish culotte pants, making them a pair after own hearts. Style them *exactly* how you would your skinny jeans with an oversized sweater and suede ankle boots.
2. Reformation Testino Pant ($178): As if the pretty print weren’t enough to grab us from the getgo, the high-waist, wide leg style has a major elongating effect. Toss these on, tuck in a basic cami, step into some heeled boots and get ready to embrace that long-legged feel.
through NYE with just a few easy tweaks.
workweek wardrobe rut? Let these free-flowing trousers spice up your 9-to-5 game (+ beyond — this pumpkin-colored pair would look killer with a crop top!).
plaid print, these menswear-inspired trousers would be effortless to slip into your work wardrobe rotation.
6. Front Row Shop Leather Look Ankle Trousers ($52): Hit dinner and drinks with an elevated ensemble where leather-look wide leg pants are the main feature, but your prettiest pumps and statement necklace dripping over your boyfriend tee are also on full display.
7. Topshop Tabard Flare Jumpsuit ($125): Meet the mid-century piece of your dreams — a tabard-style jumpsuit with sweeping flare legs. Keep it chic with a turtleneck tank and heeled sandals, or go full-on cozy girl rocking a cropped sweatshirt + colorful sneakers.
8. Zara Printed Wide Leg Trousers ($70): This season, snakeskin print is the new cheetah print. Paired with heels and a structured jacket, these neutral-toned pants make for an elevated office look while scoring major off-duty style points too.
9. 2nd Day Wide Leg Awkward Length Pant ($216): Awkward might be in their name, but these babies are anything but. Pair with a modern graphic tee and mules and your weekend brunch outfit is taken care of.
10. Pink Clove Scarf Print Palazzo Trouser ($37): Embrace those boho vibes with scarf-printed trousers and a laid-back attitude. The ultimate add-ons for these bright, bold bottoms? Suede, fringe and lace-up kicks for a last-nice-weather-days-spent-in-the-park kind of look.
11. Cameo Euclidean Cropped Wide Legs ($150): Graphic and modern, these bold bottoms command attention without being too wild. Take this pair out for a spin the next time you’re feeling like your classic black trousers aren’t giving your ensemble enough of a kick.
12. ASOS Tailored Wrap Front Jumpsuit ($90): Helloooo gorgeous. From desk to dinner and drinks, this striking wide-leg number — basically the look-dressed-up-in-an-instant equivalent of your fave fit-and-flare dress – will keep your style on lock no matter what the day brings. Tack on a metallic belt and you’re golden.
Not-your-average stripes are what take these wide legs from classic to contemporary, all while packing a healthy dose of attitude. Keep your top simple with a cropped black sweater or flowy tank under a boxy blazer to add structure.
14. Forever21 Pleated Wide-Leg Trousers ($25): Red pants are anything but subtle, so when you’re ready to rock a pair, best make sure they’re on point. These pleated trousers are *the* ones, and are ready to take on whatever you have on your agenda: a button-up for work, a cropped halter for date night and a vintage tee on the weekends.
15. ASOS Wide Leg Jersey Trousers in Grid Check Print ($50): Up your plaid game this season with a modern grid check print and an on-trend wide-leg silhouette, aka the perfect pair of pants to complement your fresh-for-fall leather.