Our Present To You: 20 No-Sew Gifts You Can Make
In case you haven’t heard, the most massive gift-giving day of the year is, like, here. DIY gifts are some of the best to give and to receive, but with the clock ticking, forget yanking out the Singer and threading the bobbin. Instead, we’re presenting a roundup of 20 swoon-worthy projects that don’t require the use of a foot pedal.
1. Sequin Heart Elbow Patch: If this isn’t the most adorable thing under the tree this year, we don’t know what is. Buy a standard French fisherman shirt anywhere (no, seriously, you can get them anywhere). Then make it memorable with a little sequin trim, glue, and love. (via Unique USA)
2. Graphic Tea Towels: While straight-stiched vegetable tea towels from Aunt Rhonda are lovely, some kitchen mavens require something a little more mod. These little quicker DIY uppers do the trick. (via Fine & Feathered)
6. Embellished Glovettes: Suitable for typing away in your office or simply showing off a fab manicure, these Alexander McQueen knockoffs are ones any recipient would be happy to unwrap. (via P.S. I Made This)
10. No-Knit Scarf : It’s a classic gift no doubt, but this one is a little more hip, and here’s the twist: You didn’t have to spend the past month re-watching Downton Abbey while working those knitting needles to make it. (via Martha Stewart)
20. Silver Sequined Collar Tee Create this little number, and you’re basically answering your pal’s burning question: “What should I wear for New Year’s Eve?!” And for that, she thanks you. (via Brit + Co)
What no-sew gifts are you on your to-make list? Talk to us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)