The best part about being a non-traditional bride is that you can really take it anywhere you like. Case in point: When princessy tulle gowns and ivory heels aren’t your cup of tea, you have free reign to ditch ‘em for a colorful maxi or a free-wheelin’ jumpsuit that boasts WAY more personality. The same wedding style motto goes for your hair, makeup and — you guessed it — your bridal manicure . Get ready to bid adieu to classic French tips and predictable nude manis for something that’s so you. Whether you opt for bold color-blocking, an eye-catching ombre design or even modern hearts, there’s no shortage of ways to show off your digits in style. Scroll down for 12 wedding-worthy manis that you won’t have any trouble saying “I do” to.
1. Icy Nails : If you’ve been holding out for a Frozen-inspired wedding then it’s not too late to cool things down with this icy mani. Complement an arctic blue gown with this negative space design that plays with several shades of iridescent metallic blue. (via Julep )
2. Color Blocked Nails : Simply select your color scheme and this rad color block nail design can be yours. Opt for a sophisticated palette of all grays or get in touch with your girly side by embracing various shades of pink and peach. (via Paper & Stitch )
3. Modern Nude Mani : Okay so this modern half-slash mani may be the exception when it comes to sporting nude nails on your wedding day. The hint of white provides a not-so-classic twist that can be admired up close and from afar. (via A Beautiful Mess )
4. DIY Heart Mani : We heart this design. This DIY heart mani is serious #goals for the non-traditional bride who has a penchant for minimalist nails. For a black tie wedding, try a well-placed heart (or two) on your accent nail to draw attention to your vintage engagement ring. (via Vitamini Handmade )
5. Pretty Ombre : Last time we checked, there’s nothing cliche or overdone about a pretty ombre mani — especially if you happen to be sporting a Rose Quartz or Serenity colored gown to match. Not only is this mani totally DIYable, but it’s perfect for a boho-themed spring wedding. (via @essiepolish )
6. Something Blue Mani : Love the look of French tips, but want something a little bit more cutting edge? Say no more. This streamlined “something blue” mani is for you. After applying a soft pink base coat, use a makeup sponge to achieve a blue ombre effect on your tips. (via The Coveteur )
7. Subtle Sparkle : Just a hint of sparkle — and a negative space design — will do. Your Gatsby-themed wedding, complete with a drop-waist wedding dress and a sequined headband, definitely calls for an elegant mani with some bling. (via @paintboxnails )
8. Emoji Inspired Wedding Nails : For the Insta-approved wedding of the century, these emoji nails will definitely add some whimsy to your look. We can’t decide what we like more — the bride emoji or that diamond engagement ring. (via @brides )
9. DIY Eyelash Nail Art : This refreshingly simple eyelash mani is perfect for the blushing bride with a sense of humor. Use a very steady hand and a fine nail art brush to achieve flirty lash lines and voilà! (via Honestly WTF )
10. Flash Mani : Blending in on your wedding day isn’t even an option when you have this David Bowie-inspired mani on standby. The bold flash will instantly add a rocker ‘tude to your non-traditional bridal look. Toss on a leather jacket and ankle booties for good measure. (via @formulaxnail )
11. Black and White Crosshatch Nails : Enter the crosshatch mani that will inspire you to do less this wedding season. The minimal black and white design is sleek enough to be paired with a strapless black gown or a non-traditional white jumpsuit. (via I Spy DIY )
12. Heart Mani Tips : Get ready to swoon hard for these red heart-shaped tips that are anything but traditional. When it comes time to show off your ring bling, your playful digits will do all the talking. (via @bingbangnyc )
Which of these non-traditional wedding manis is your favorite? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding inspo.