20 Modern Wedding Gowns Inspired by Frozen
Think you’re too old to dress up like your favorite Disney princess? Nope, not so. Thanks to the hit movie Frozen, 2015 winter brides everywhere are ready to bring out their inner Elsa in gorgeous, shimmering style. We’re talking dresses featuring beautiful beading, fluttering trains, cool hues and sleek silhouettes perfect for any modern-day snow queen. Get inspired by these 20 magical gowns, and let the fairy tale begin.
1. Modern Princess: A collaboration between Alfred Angelo and Disney, this Elsa-inspired gown hits stores in January. Make it your own for a dazzling look that totally transforms.
2. Dramatic Ruffles: Be the heroine of your own love story in an Oscar de la Renta masterpiece featuring floral guipure and a dramatic ruffled train.
4. Spectacular Sparkle: Lazaro’s jeweled trim and shiny beading mimic the look of sparkling ice crystals, while a glamorous feathered skirt helps dial up the drama. Just add a cozy cover-up, and you’ll be ready to brave any eternal winter.
5. Sexy Silhouette: When it’s show-stopping style you’re seeking, this shimmering stunner by Michael Cinco is sure to turn some heads.
7. Glittering Glory: Enjoy being queen for a day in a glittering, cape-inspired Krikor Jabotian dress we’re sure Elsa herself would adore.
9. Ice Queen: Though you may never really become queen of your own ice castle, Mark Zunino’s unique dress at least lets you look the part.
10. Beach Bride: Don’t want to build a snowman on your wedding day? Beach brides can still channel the Frozen vibe by strolling the sand in whimsical blue dresses. We especially love this creative design by Sarah Seven at The Babushka Ballerina. (via Polka Dot Bride)
12. Shimmering Splendor: Dripping with pearls, stones and sequins, this aqua green Elie Saab gown is too pretty to even think about letting go.
13. Delicate Detail: From the delicately detailed bodice to the romantic mermaid silhouette, Michael Cinco’s one-of-a-kind creation is as much a work of art as it is a wedding dress.
14. Simple Sheath ($1,998): A lace-sleeved sheath, like this one by Illume Gowns, promises a simple yet stunning look. Throw in a vibrant bouquet, fishtail braid and ice-castle setting, and the only thing that’s missing is your very own Olaf. (via Calie Rose)
15. Queenly Cape: Going for major wow factor? Elie Saab has truly blown us away with this gown’s regal cape and snowflake-esque pattern.
16. Sea Siren: Inspired more by the sea than snow, this Paolo Sebastian dress would look just lovely down at the shore.
20. Blue Frost: No frozen heart stands a chance when you step out wearing this frosty blue Angel Sanchez selection.
Are you planning a Frozen-inspired wedding? Share your ideas and favorite dresses below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.