20 Modern Wedding Gowns Inspired by Frozen
Think you’re too old to dress up like your favorite Disney princess? Nope, not so. Thanks to the hit movie Frozen, 2015 winter brides everywhere are ready to bring out their inner Elsa in gorgeous, shimmering style. We’re talking dresses featuring beautiful beading, fluttering trains, cool hues and sleek silhouettes perfect for any modern-day snow queen. Get inspired by these 20 magical gowns, and let the fairy tale begin.
1. Modern Princess: A collaboration between Alfred Angelo and Disney, this Elsa-inspired gown hits stores in January. Make it your own for a dazzling look that totally transforms.
2. Dramatic Ruffles: Be the heroine of your own love story in an Oscar de la Renta masterpiece featuring floral guipure and a dramatic ruffled train.
4. Spectacular Sparkle: Lazaro’s jeweled trim and shiny beading mimic the look of sparkling ice crystals, while a glamorous feathered skirt helps dial up the drama. Just add a cozy cover-up, and you’ll be ready to brave any eternal winter.
5. Sexy Silhouette: When it’s show-stopping style you’re seeking, this shimmering stunner by Michael Cinco is sure to turn some heads.
7. Glittering Glory: Enjoy being queen for a day in a glittering, cape-inspired Krikor Jabotian dress we’re sure Elsa herself would adore.
9. Ice Queen: Though you may never really become queen of your own ice castle, Mark Zunino’s unique dress at least lets you look the part.
10. Beach Bride: Don’t want to build a snowman on your wedding day? Beach brides can still channel the Frozen vibe by strolling the sand in whimsical blue dresses. We especially love this creative design by Sarah Seven at The Babushka Ballerina. (via Polka Dot Bride)
12. Shimmering Splendor: Dripping with pearls, stones and sequins, this aqua green Elie Saab gown is too pretty to even think about letting go.
13. Delicate Detail: From the delicately detailed bodice to the romantic mermaid silhouette, Michael Cinco’s one-of-a-kind creation is as much a work of art as it is a wedding dress.
14. Simple Sheath ($1,998): A lace-sleeved sheath, like this one by Illume Gowns, promises a simple yet stunning look. Throw in a vibrant bouquet, fishtail braid and ice-castle setting, and the only thing that’s missing is your very own Olaf. (via Calie Rose)
15. Queenly Cape: Going for major wow factor? Elie Saab has truly blown us away with this gown’s regal cape and snowflake-esque pattern.
16. Sea Siren: Inspired more by the sea than snow, this Paolo Sebastian dress would look just lovely down at the shore.
20. Blue Frost: No frozen heart stands a chance when you step out wearing this frosty blue Angel Sanchez selection.
Are you planning a Frozen-inspired wedding? Share your ideas and favorite dresses below!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.