14 Foundations That Hydrate Dry Skin
Feeling a bit flaky these days? No, we don’t mean forgetting plans or running late to meetings. We’re talking about your skin. Having dry skin can make achieving that flawless finish nearly impossible. If your makeup can’t stand the test of time or feels like it’s chipping off throughout the day, you might need to rethink your foundation needs. Gels, creams, and liquid foundations can work wonders for dry skin, no matter the season. Scroll down for our top foundation picks that will let you keep your glow all year long.
1. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream ($30): This product is like BB and CC creams put together to keep your skin looking gorgeous while also delivering the coverage of a lightweight foundation. It even claims to increase your skin’s hydration by 215 percent after just one week.
2. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream ($42): Formulated with emollients, optical pearl pigments, and anti-aging peptides, this cream smooths and covers. And if you’re looking for more coverage, you can easily build up the color without feeling weighed down.
3. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation ($9): This whipped formula delivers weightless but powerful coverage that blends naturally and won’t give you that heavy, “I’m wearing a ton of makeup” feel — even in the summer.
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation ($39): Don’t assume that because this formula is derived from clay that it will dry out your face. In fact, it controls oil but also locks in skin-loving moisture so your complexion is more balanced for up to 12 hours.
5. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ($45): Sometimes a tinted moisturizer is all you need to feel fresh. If you’re into a no-makeup look, reach for this product to even out skin tone, protect against UV rays, and back up your daily moisturizer.
6. La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation ($120): This luxurious buy helps you to stay beautiful even in high humidity, which is no easy feat. Refine your pores, polish away imperfections, and get the added moisture you need.
7. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ($47): Makeup addicts rave about the beauty of NARS foundations. This one is specially formulated to brighten your complexion and improve texture, especially during the summer.
8. Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin ($13): This liquid foundation is formulated to last throughout your busy schedule. But even though the results are hardcore, your face will always look fresh and natural without an unwanted heavy finish.
9. Milk Makeup Sunshine Skin Tint ($42): Roll on this tint for preservative-free beauty that gives you just the right amount of color. It uses coconut, avocado, grape seed, and jojoba oils to quench your skin’s thirst.
10. Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum ($60): The air cushion technology used in this convenient compact brings all the coverage of your liquid foundation in a lighter formula. The bamboo sap formula replaces a traditional water-in-oil base to leave your skin feeling deeply satisfied.
11. Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation ($44): This buildable foundation blurs imperfections but leaves your skin radiant. It’s also flexible enough so it won’t flake.
12. Clinique Superbalanced Makeup ($26): Balance is key to practically everything in life —including your makeup. This foundation may be oil-free but it also delivers hydration where you need it.
13. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation ($42): A healthy and shine-free finish is achievable in 40 shades with this foundation selection. It contains vitamin C and vitamin E to help protect against free radicals, so your skin stays nourished even after you take it off.
14. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation ($13): Ever wanted to “glow” like a pro? It’s actually easier than you thought with this high quality but very affordable formula that gives you 24 hours of wear.
Do you have any recommendations for makeup for dry skin? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)