Considering May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, we’re all about sun safety — and that means achieving a glow the faux way via self-tanner mists, dewy shimmer oils, and golden highlighter palettes. Here, the hottest new bronzing products for summer.
1. Huda Beauty 3D Highlighter Palette ($45): Huda’s new highlighter palette in Bronze Sands has four crazy-flattering shades that will make you look like you are fresh off the beach. Get your prep and strobe on with Barbados, then build 3D-like layers with the other warm, gold, and bronze hues.
2. Sol de Janeiro Limited Edition Glow Oils ($35): If you thought the stars looked extra glowy at the Met Gala this year, that’s because a handful of them oiled up with these limited-edition glisteners that keep flying off the shelves. Available in Copacabana Bronzing Glow (a subtle bronze tint with golden shimmer) and Ipanema Sunset Glow (a translucent Champagne shimmer), they also smell delish thanks to notes of pistachio and salted caramel (Copacabana) and wild fig and Brazilian gardenia (Ipanema).
3. St. Tropez Self Tan Purity Bronzing Water Face Mist ($30): A Korean-style beauty water that gets you golden? No, we’re not making this up. St. Tropez’s new mist is made up of 100 percent natural tanning actives, along with hyaluronic acid for hydration and hibiscus flower extract (which protects against free radicals), so you’re extra protected and sun-kissed. Double bonus. Simply spray evenly over your face and wait for the tint to develop in four to eight hours.
4. Volition Liquid Bronzer ($40): Complexion enhancer right this way! This quick-absorbing bronzer minimizes the appearance of pores, fine lines, and imperfections — all while giving you a healthy jolt of color — thanks to pulverized Thanakha tree bark, which possesses skin-perfecting properties.
5. Karl Lagerfeld + ModelCo Lip Lights Special Effects Top Coat in Rumba ($35): Karl Lagerfeld’s new makeup line for ModelCo is, of course, our new favorite, but there’s one shiny, sparkly lip gloss in particular that we’re crushing on currently, and that would be Rumba. Non-sticky with natural volume-enhancing and conditioning ingredients, you can wear it alone for a high-impact pout or as a holographic top coat over any other lip liner-lipstick combo.
6. Stila Heaven’s Hue Highlighter in Brilliance ($32): When you want to look “lit from within,” swipe on this ultra-fine highlighter with light-diffusing particles and wait for the compliments to roll in.
7. Marc Jacobs Limited-Edition Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter ($44): Leave it to Marc to come up with a gel-cream luminizer that’s also a foundation and primer in one. Did we mention it’s also coconut scented and will leave a gorge rose-gold sheen all over? Very into it.
8. Australian Gold SPF 50 Spray Gel Bronzer ($10): Double-duty products are a lifesaver, especially when they involve protecting your skin and giving it a healthy caramel glow at the same time. Australian Gold’s latest launch has an easy-to-apply spray nozzle, and the formula comes out in a nutrient-rich gel so it’s more hydrating than a thin lotion.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.