While the snow outside might have you feeling like winter will never end, fashion is already planning the latest looks for spring. Sure, the runway models may be decked out in incredible jewelry, makeup and shoes, all while sporting astronomically priced clothing, but that doesn’t mean you can’t hack their looks for your #ootd style. We’re sharing eight spring trends straight from the catwalks that you can rock right now.
1. Denim Sensation: This year will be an even bigger and better season for denim lovers, as London, Milan and Paris’s runways demonstrated. Lacoste’s light-washed denim dress (left) and J.Crew’s denim on denim (right) are America’s take on the denim sensation. Pair your boyfriend jeans with your fave chambray shirt to get a jump on this runway look. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Fernanda Calfat/Getty)
2. Flower Power: We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the end of a long, cold winter than with flowers. Chanel (left) blossomed up the runway with delicate floral embellishments, while Missoni’s spring collection (right) was all about flowers and nature-themed prints. This spring, add some extra floral prints and patterns to your wardrobe. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Stefania D’Alessandro/Getty)
3. Back To ’70s: The era of The Carpenters, bell-bottom pants and disco is coming back this spring. If you are incorporating ’70s style into your #ootd, then you might as well go big or go home. Go super retro with your choices of silhouette, colors and patterns, just like Saint Laurent (left) and Emilio Pucci (right) executed on the runway. (Photo via Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Pier Marco Tacca/Getty)
4. It Sandals: This season, sandals speak louder than ever before. Take Valentino’s lace-up sandals (left) and Boss’ gladiator sandals (right) for example — both capped off fantastic outfits. This season, rock some gladiator sandals to have people checking you out from head to toe. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Peter Michael Dills/Getty)
5. Sporty Chic: Alexander Wang’s spring collection (left) features a chic mini skirt that will make you wanna play tennis right now. DSquared2 (right) added a rich green to their elegant and sporty look. This spring, you’ll wanna be rocking sporty chic outfits on and off the court. (Photo via Peter Michael Dills/Stefania D’Alessandro/Getty)
6. Wider Pants: Stella McCartney’s (left) and Chanel’s (right) wider and shorter pants impressed fashion editors, who fell in love with how the fabric moved around the models’ legs as they strutted down the catwalk. This spring, you can get the look with chiffon pants. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
7. Pop It Up: This trend is all about adding some colors that you might not normally wear. Fay’s Peanuts collection (left) and Moschino’s Barbie-themed collection (right) show that fashion can be bright and fun. This spring, experiment with materials and a silhouette that you don’t wear normally, and dare to go outside of your fashion comfort zone. (Photo via Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Pier Marco Tacca/Getty)
8. Edgy Cutout: Artsy, edgy and zesty cutouts are super trendy this spring. Fendi (left) and Celine (right) give you some ideas of how to peek-a-boo your abs and legs in an artsy way. Find some effortless cutout pieces you like and get ready to show off your skin this spring. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Tullio M. Puglia/Getty)
Which spring trend would you like to rock in your next #ootd? Tell us in the comments below!