The Ultimate Gift Guide to Feed Your BFF’s OITNB Obsession
Y’all, season four of Orange Is the New Black is so close, we can almost taste the prison food. Since you’ve been so busy planning your OITNB viewing party, you probably forgot to pick up a present for your partner in crime’s b-day next week. Well, that is, until now. Between the iPhone cases, planner stickers and temporary tats below, your BFF is about to rock her love for OITNB in style. We know you’re counting down the hours until you can be locked up (pun *totally* intended) binge watching the new release, but until then, check out the 14 items in our gift guide for the OITNB-obsessed gal in your life.
1. Redbubble Jumpsuit iPhone Case ($25): Protect your BFF’s tech in style with an orange jumpsuit case. This is definitely one she can rock while she’s tweeting her thoughts on season four.
2. Gold Label Little Spoon Greeting Card ($5): Brighten your friend’s day with an OITNB-themed card they’ll LOVE. The best part about this one is that they can frame it after they’ve opened it to kick their gallery wall up a notch.
3. Chiva Popi Vanilla + Verbena Soap ($6): Who doesn’t love a luxurious bar of soap? Pick up this gift if your bestie is totally a Piper.
4. Redbubble Litchfield Prison Sticker ($2): Is your pal a fan of decking out their laptop in stickers? If so, add a Litchfield option to their collection so they can sport their OITNB pride every time they open their computer.
5. Kirstenariel Threw My Pie Card ($12): True friends will throw their *only* slice of pie for you. Pop this card in the snail mail to send to the gal that you’d do just that for.
6. LazyMice Prison Wife Button ($2): There’s no better way to kick your bag up a notch than with an OITNB-themed button. Snag one for yourself on Etsy to make sure everyone knows your status.
7. HotScamp Litchfield Prison Baseball Tee ($19): Fact: You can *never* have too many t-shirts. Grab this Litchfield baseball tee to top off your BFF’s collection, because gifting an orange jumpsuit probably isn’t the best idea.
8. Wesley Rose Studio Planner Stickers ($4): For the planner-obsessed girls out there, these stickers are a definite must. Plan your week in orange and black, and make sure to block off a chunk to binge the series ;)
9. Fuzzy + Birch Co. Temporary Tattoo ($4): If you’re in the mood to take a walk on the wild side, then this is the gift for you. Just like the real deal in the series, this tatt is perfect for anyone who’s ready for some brutal honesty.
10. Vans Slip-On Canvas Shoes ($50): Back at it again with the black Vans! If your bestie has been counting down the days ’til the premiere, then she’ll know exactly why you got her a pair of slip-ons for her birthday.
11. Roaring Softly Foods of OITNB Print ($12): Prints are a foolproof gift because everyone has a gallery wall in their space these days. Add this option to your pal’s collage so they can show *just* how obsessed they are.
12. Heartificial Piper + Suzanne Pin Pack ($10): These pins are basically the modern day friendship bracelet. Keep one for yourself and give the other to your BFF, but it’s up to you to decide who should rep each character.
13. Omnia Limited Poster ($10): Movie posters are a classic wall decoration, so why can’t a Netflix series have a spot? Snag this printable option if you’re looking for a gift that’s a little last-minute.
14. Schoolhouse Cafeteria Tray ($24): Say hello to the most stylish set of cafeteria trays out there. While they might not use a set *quite* this pretty in the show, your bestie will appreciate the upgrade to her kitchen.
Are you excited for the new season of Orange Is the New Black? Chat with us on Twitter at @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)