Throw an Orange Is the New Black Premiere Party With These 21 Must-Have Items
Just when you were starting to worry your summer was going to be binge-free, Netflix goes and announces that Orange Is the New Black gets three (yes, THREE) more years and that season four will begin streaming on Friday, June 17. Once you’re done cheering that all your favorite inmates are comin’ back, it’s time to get that killer premiere party on lockdown. Gather up your friends for the ultimate OITNB viewing party full of prison grub, swag and — of course — some hooch. If there’s one thing for sure, the girls of Litchfield Federal Penitentiary know how to party, so turn your binge-watching sesh up a notch with these 21 must-haves.
1. Orange Scrubs: Hours of binge watching requires some comfy clothes, so get your hands on some faux prison garb. No orange scrubs? A pair of orange sweatpants will do in a pinch. (via Mom on the Side)
2. Heartificial Piper Chapman and Suzanne Crazy Eyes Soft Enamel Pin Pack ($10+): Wear your love for the show on your sleeve (or wherever). Pick your favorite character and hand them out to fellow fans as a snazzy party favor.
3. Giving Glitter Co. Glitter Dipped Wine Glass ($15): It’s not a Netflix party without a bottle of wine (or two), which means you’ll need a set of these glitter-dipped wine glasses. Pair the wine with cheese, dates and a plate of orange and black cookies for a real crowd-pleasing appetizer. Cheers to the next three seasons!
4. Mug Shot Photo Booth: Alright ladies, face forward for the coolest mug shot ever. Play convict during episode breaks by setting up a mug shot photo booth and accusing your friends of hilarious crimes, like *Pinterest addict* and *Instagram fiend*. (via The Idea Baker)
5. Keep Calm and Carry On Metal Sign ($29): Decorate the viewing room with this classic sentiment. Although, it might be easier said than done to keep calm while Piper’s dealing with one drama after another.
6. Fuzzy Birch & Co. Temporary Tattoo ($4): You can’t really connect with the inmates without some ink of your own. Or in this case, imitation ink with this temporary tatt that ensures no b**ch disses you behind your back.
7. Kick Ass Crafts Shop Printable Orange Is the New Black Watch Party Invitation ($12): The first step to planning an epic premiere party is getting the word out. Get these printable invites in the mail ASAP and let your partners in crime know when and where the whole shebang is going down.
8. Webstaurant Compartment Tray ($4+): Hit the dining hall in full prison style with these dinner trays fit with different sections for your premiere party snacks. Just make sure you balance out the desserts with salty treats: Red would want everyone to have a healthy meal.
9. Paige Faithh Prison Name Badge ($8): All visitors are gonna need to be ID’ed before entering. Pick up your favorite character name, or order a set of badges with custom names for all your BFF inmates.
10. Grey Waves Print Tote Bag ($9): Let your guests take home their swag in this fab tote bag. Throw in plenty of OITNB treats to make sure no inmate goes home empty handed. Grocery shopping isn’t always fun, but with this quirky bag, it’s hard not to grin as you stock up on green tea in honor of Yoga Jones.
11. DIY Duct Tape Slippers: There probably won’t be showers at your viewing party, but a girl’s gotta protect her feet. Sophia would be proud of these DIY duct tape slippers, and probably super jealous of all the duct tape options you and your guests have to play with. (via Jader Bomb)
12. DIY Printable Masks: Masquerade as your favorite character with these printable masks or get everyone together for an epic recreation of the OITNB cover. Just watch out for gals trying to steal your favorite character behind your back! (via Buzzfeed)
13. Paperself Color Tattoo ($10): For the fashion-forward Vause whose eyeliner was always on point, there’s no better way to show off her personal brand of style than with some pretty ink. If Vause is your favorite character, stock up on these temporary tats to copy Alex’s rosy sleeve.
14. Salted Caramel White Russian: Pay homage to the great Red herself with this twist on a classic White Russian. You’ll love the salted caramel addition that practically turns this cocktail into dessert. If you’re feeling extra fancy, you could even rim the glasses with red sugar as a nod to everyone’s favorite redhead. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
15. DIY Orange Is the New Black Mugs: You can’t do s*** with sorry, but you can do an awful lot with a mug of coffee the morning after. Let everyone DIY their own mug to take home when the party is over. Stock up on dollar store mugs and glass pens for a super easy DIY project you can do while you’re watching the show. (via Our Holly Days)
16. DIY Printable Straw Toppers: Sip your drinks in style with these hilarious straw toppers. Stock up on orange + white striped straws and then print off these quotable toppers to take your cocktails to the next level. (via Just JP)
17. Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos: What’s the favorite night in Litchfield? For most of the girls, it was taco night, so treat all your viewers to a DIY taco bar with pulled pork and all the toppings. Pineapple salsa and purple cabbage will make these tacos better than anything the girls in Litchfield could’ve ever dreamed up. (via Spices in My DNA)
18. Roaring Softly Suzanne Valentine Cards ($7): Just because it isn’t February doesn’t mean you can’t lay a little love on your favorite boo. Celebrate true love wherever you go with these famous one-liners from Crazy Eyes, or use them as invites to your premiere party.
19. Current Mustache Pint Glasses ($40, set of four): Pay homage to everyone’s least favorite guard every time you lift your glass. Whether you’re drinking beer or a lemonade, these mustache pint glasses are just the thing to get in your Porn Stache laughs.
20. Urban Outfitters Orange Is the New Black Soundtrack LP ($20): It’s not a party without the tunes. Put on this record and replay all the catchiest titles from the show while prepping the snacks and getting everyone settled with a good drink.
21. Maria Giorgi Alex Vause Glasses Throw Pillow ($20): There may never be a more famous style accessory than Vause’s broken glasses. Binge watching is hard work, especially if people are camped out on the floor, so make sure the viewing area is comfy with plenty of throw pillows.
Are you throwing an #OITNB premiere party? Follow us on Pinterest for even more party planning ideas and DIYs.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.