11 Essential Organic Baby Products
Filling your baby’s belly with organic food is your top priority (after all, you don’t want those synthetic pesticides and fertilizers coating what your little love is about to eat). But the organic awesomeness doesn’t have to stop at your pantry. Plenty of other organic crops are grown for use in non-food items. From the cotton in your kiddo’s crib linens to the ingredients in their bathtime body wash, you have more than a few organic options for all of your baby’s needs.
1. Nature’s Baby Organics Shampoo & Body Wash ($10 for 8 oz): This sweet-smelling body wash/shampoo combo is made with certified organic aloe and other synthetic-free ingredients. With scents such as coconut pineapple, lavender chamomile, and vanilla tangerine, it’s a bathtime pick you’ll want to use yourself.
2. Burt’s Bees Baby BEESNUG Organic Crib Fitted Sheet ($20): Put baby to bed on this soft sheet in a charming bee print. And not only is it made from 100 percent GOTS-certified organic cotton, the sheet also has extra fabric on the fitted bottom edge, giving it a better fit and making it easier to change.
3. Pottery Barn Kids Matelasse Baby Blanket ($40): Wrap your kiddo in the warmth and coziness of organic cotton. This completely cuddly stroller blanket is made with environmentally safe dyed yarn. You can even personalize this plush organic option to make it a cute keepsake.
4. Crate & Kids Organic Royal Hippo Crib Fitted Sheet ($24): Forget about over-the-top cartoon characters: this adorable design is also completely stylish, featuring hippos that are sweet without the cheese. The sheet’s breathable organic cotton will keep your baby warm on chilly fall nights and cool in the summer swelter.
5. Gerber Organic Zip Front Sleep ‘N Play ($12 for a Two-Pack): Whether they’re sleeping or playing, your little one will stay warm and cozy in these 100 percent organic cotton outfits.
6. Hanna Andersson Perfect Pilot Cap ($14): Keep baby’s noggin warm with this oh-so-cute organic cotton cap. It comes in an awesome array of colors, including a range of reds and pinks, blues, and grays.
7. Finn + Emma Finley the Fox Rattle Buddy ($28): Not only is this adorable woodland creature made from GOTS-certified organic cotton, but it’s also hand-knit at an artisanal women’s collaborative in Peru. The dyes used in the yarn are non-toxic and eco-friendly too.
8. Made Of Organic Baby Dish Soap ($10): Gently cleanse baby’s bottles and dishware with this organic and vegan soap. Made with plant-based cleansers such as coconut oil, it’s free of sulfates, synthetic fragrances, parabens, and phthalates.
9. Touched by Nature Organic Cotton Bandana Bibs ($15 for Four): With the mess your baby makes, you know how important having more than one of anything is. These organic cotton bibs come as a set in coordinated colors and contrasting patterns, so you’ll always have a fresh, stylish option at hand as your kiddo spoons food seemingly everywhere but into their mouth.
10. Touched by Nature Organic Body Suits ($22): With snap closures placed for optimal on-and-off, these organic onesies are perfect for everyday wear. Whether it’s under other clothes as part of an outfit or as-is for playing at home, the soft organic cotton will keep your baby (and their sensitive skin) happy.
11. Caboo Tree-Free Baby Wipes ($16 for 216 wipes): It’s no secret that you’ll go through mountains of wipes by the time your kiddo is potty trained. This eco-friendly option is enriched with vitamin E, aloe vera, and chamomile and comes in resealable travel packs that are perfect for tossing into a diaper bag. Oh, and the wipes are made from 100 percent tree-free organic bamboo. That makes this pick perfect for baby and the planet too!
Tweet us your favorite organic baby item @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.