This Year’s Biggest Oscars Hair Trend Is *Super* Budget Friendly
Shoulders and slits — these two standout features defined the Oscars’ sexy, classic dress trend this year. While we wait to find out if any of these glam looks were copped at a retail store like Bryce Dallas Howard’s Golden Globes look earlier this year, we’re happy to know about Kelly Ripa’s $5 lipstick. The minimal makeup wasn’t the only scaled-back, easy-to-copy look on the red carpet this year — check out all this easy-going, barely styled hair that we’re ALL about making happen for summer ’16.
1. Brie Larson: Brie’s half-pulled-back hair reminds us of our favorite no-fuss childhood hairdo. While the back was beautifully weaved into a jeweled clip accessory, the simple, straightened look is an easy one to pull off.
2. Alicia Vikander: The Oscars newcomer and Best Supporting Actress (for The Danish Girl) winner tonight had a similar half-pulled-back look to Brie’s, and it’s one we’re about ready to claim as our summer 2016 look.
3. Saoirse Ronan: Saoirse’s light makeup and almost beachy-looking blonde waves were perfect and subtle. A bonus to a look like this is that it wears better if you don’t wash your mop for a day or two. Lazy-girl score!
4. Kate Winslet: And speaking of beach blonde babes, Kate Winslet has us reaching for the bleach and ditching our hair dryer. Sure, this look likely took hours and multiple people, but we can’t help but think this look is also air-dry doable.
5. Sophie Turner: The GoT star’s smooth waves look glam for sure, but we can’t get enough of this simple, natural-looking wavy look of the night. Who else is just glaring at their heat accessories right now?!
Are you ready to ditch the dryer and go for a simpler ‘do? Tweet us your best tips on @britandco!
(Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)