10 Outfit Ideas That Will Seriously Impress Your Friends and Family This Thanksgiving
It’s the dilemma that creeps up on us every year: What to wear to Thanksgiving dinner? Sure, you want to be comfortable and leave room for the inevitable gluttony, but you also want to look cute. After all, you’re likely seeing friends and/or relatives you haven’t seen in a while. Or perhaps you’re meeting your S.O.’s family for the first time. In any case, there’s a lot of pressure to hit all the right sartorial notes. To help you put together the perfect holiday look, we’ve turned to the Insta It-Girl set and collected 10 awesome outfit ideas that will leave you feeling, well, thankful.
1. Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice: Pick an autumnal hue and commit to it on top and bottom, mixing textures like ribbed knit and leather. Bonus points if you match your lipstick.
2. Dress It Up: The dress over pants thing is about to be everywhere. You know that favorite flowy maxi you lived in all summer? Throw it over jeans and watch your look instantly climb to the next level.
3. It’s All in the Details: Never underestimate the power of a super special jacket. An embroidered velvet style takes even the most basic sweater and jeans look to bombshell status.
4. Monochrome Master: It’s the fashion hack every insider knows: Rocking a hue from head to toe is a guaranteed showstopper. A feminine sweater and slim trousers in shades of plum and eggplant make the perfect pair.
5. Shift into Neutral: Sure, a sweater and jeans is a no-fail combo, but it can feel kind of boring. Instead, try layering your favorite knit under a pinafore-style dress with tights and ankle boots for a schoolgirl-meets-sophisticate look. (Pro tip: Keep the palette muted to avoid looking like an overgrown child.)
6. Midi Magic: Ditch the tights and pair your favorite skirt with over-the-knee boots and a pop-of-color turtleneck. Finish it off with a classic cropped moto for a look that feels cool and effortless.
7. Shoulder Show: Redefine sweater weather by choosing an off-the-shoulder option. Add jeans and rich ankle boots for an outfit that’s easy, comfy, and anything but basic.
8. No-Pants Party: Whether it’s an actual dress or just an oversized sweater doesn’t really matter. If you pair it with OTK boots, it’s officially a look (and a damn good one).
9. Bell of the Ball: Flowy sleeves ain’t going anywhere, so try a pretty, printed frock with a Stevie Nicks vibe, then add sleek sock boots. The result? A sexy but tasteful look that strikes just the right balance.
10. White Out: You already know you can wear white after Labor Day. So go ahead — winterize your favorite buff skinnies with a camel cable knit and leopard booties.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!