We’ve delved into unbelievably colorful living rooms, the most colorful cakes around, and a party centered around being the most colorful bash ever, but it’s time to get a little more granular with our color love. Today, we’ll show you 10 inspiring interiors that turn to painted shelves for that bonus pop of color.
1. Red Holiday Shelves: First up, our very own shelves from the Lowe’s Holiday Ready Home event. We added a pop of red to bring out the snowy white mugs and bowls. (via Brit + Co.)
2. Patterned Shelves: These DIY shelves have beautiful mint, white, and gold paint on them creating lovely textures and patterns. (via Design Love Fest)
3. Poppy Wall Shelves: Now you see them, now you don’t! These shelves were painted along with the wall to create a totally seamless look. (via Mucho Reciclaje)
4. Turquoise Shelves: I must admit, this is my personal favorite. Wooden shelves are made so much more interesting with a turquoise interior. (via Belle Maison)
5. Quatrefoil Pattern: If you’re feeling like getting pattern-y with it, go for a classic quatrefoil. (via Pretty Sweet Life)
6. Color Block Bookcase: Color blocking for the win! This makes a boring old built-in way more awesome. (via This Old House)
7. Cream-Colored Hutch with Tangerine Interior: This decidedly ’70s look turns a cream-colored hutch totally mod by painting the inside a vibrant tangerine. (via My Home Lookbook)
8. Upbeat in Aqua: Another hack on a vintage piece, you can turn a tired looking flea market find much more stylish by throwing a coat of paint on the back. (via This Old House)
9. Rainbow Shelves: Yes. These. Now! (via Half Asleep Studio)
10. Blue-Backed Library: Finally, a way to bring a modern touch to a classic library-style den. We love the different shades of blue and green in this interior. (via Pinterest)
Do you have any painted shelves? Or any other ways of adding unexpected pops of color into your home? Talk to us in the comments below.